Whether you’re looking for the best portable fire pit for your next camping trip, a road trip from Point A to Point B, or to find a more flexible option in your backyard, these portable fire pits below may work out well.
Anytime you’re looking for a portable fire pit, safety is the first priority. If you’re someone who ignores instructions, this may be the one time you want to re-evaluate that idea.
Secondly, make sure you have a room where you can safely store and operate your portable fire pit (away from children, pets, and any other fragile or flammable items).
Thirdly, and here’s the fun part, make sure you have plenty of ideas for what you want to use your fire pit for.
As scrumptious as s’mores or red meat are, consider trying to find a few other items to make on your grill. One of the easiest ways to see appliances collect dust is simple: You grow bored with it. These 15 options should help open up your creativity. Enjoy!
Best Portable Fire Pits
Solo Stove Bonfire
- Solo Stove Bonfire, the world’s most unique fire pit, pushes the limits of both combustion airflow efficiency and minimalist outdoor design with its all stainless steel construction. It was painstakingly engineered to provide a backyard fire experience that cannot be duplicated. Our patent pending design sold over $1.1M sold on Kickstarter.
- SECONDARY COMBUSTION – Double wall design maximizes airflow and burning process. Bottom vent holes allow oxygen to the feed the fire from below while simultaneously channeling warm oxygen up between the walls of the stove and back into the fire.
- EFFICIENT BURN/LOW SMOKE – A more complete burn means little to no smoke. It also means no more half burnt logs to deal with.
- NO MORE DODGING SMOKE – Since Bonfire burns with almost no smoke, you’ll spend less time dodging smoke and your clothes won’t smell. You’ll spend more time enjoying the fire!
- EASY TO USE & PORTABLE – The Bonfire’s singular construction completely removes the need for parts and assembly. There is literally no setup. Heavy duty carry case included. Size: 14″ tall, 19.5″ diameter.
This solo bonfire, a portable backyard fire bowl, has a patent pending design that sold more than $1.1 million on Kickstarter.
- 14 inches tall
- 5 inches diameter
- Stainless steel construction
If you’re looking for a fire pit grill that doesn’t attract attention from too far away, this smokeless fire pit should do the trick. The bottom vent has holes that allow oxygen to feed the fire from below. It also channels warm oxygen between the walls of the stove and returns back to the fire. It comes up with a heavy-duty carry case and requires no assembly.
- No gas or propane required
- Double wall design maximizes airflow and burning process
- One reviewer complained about not being able to get ash out
- Another reviewer reported rust from leftover water
With a more complete burn, there should be little to no smoke. The best part is there’s even less burnt logs to clean up afterward and no smoky-smelling clothes.
- A smokeless wood-burning FirePit that can go from spark-to-fire in less than 30 seconds, cook your meals, and give you a front-row seat to everything going on inside your fire. Burn charcoal or wood for a hibachi-style grilling experience.
- Airflow system has 4 fan speeds to control the intensity of your flames. Control fan intensity from the FirePit’s powerpack or from the free BioLite Energy App for Android and iOS
- 10,400 mAh rechargeable battery powerpack with USB outputs for charging your devices
- Enjoy the feeling of a 360-degree floating fire with the FirePit’s X-Ray Mesh and up to 24 hour burn time
- Can be utilized as a smokeless grill, or for BBQ, or just as an outdoor fire pit. It’s perfect on the go, or in the backyard.
This outdoor fire pit is made up of a charcoal-burning grill with smokeless wood.
- Airflow system with four fan speeds
- Free BioLite Energy app for Android and iOS
- Control fan intensity from the fire pit’s powerpack
Have a hibachi-style grilling experience with the help of a 10,400 mAh rechargeable battery powerpack. Use USB outputs to charge your device. Enjoy a 360-degree floating fire with the fire pit’s X-Ray Mesh. And it has easy carrying handles and folding legs.
- Can go from spark to fire in less than 30 seconds
- 24-hour burn time
- Recharge via USB or solar carry cover sold separately
- One user complained of “how quickly it rusted”
Use this device as a smokeless grill, for BBQ or as an outdoor fire pit. You can even use it for park recreation or your own backyard.
Snow Peak Takibi
- Snow Peak’s Takibi Fire and Grill creates a gathering anywhere. Packable, foldable and modular, it can be used as a fireplace or grill in the backyard or backcountry.
- Dimensions: Weight: 31. 5 lbs, Dimensions: 17. 75 x 17. 75 x 13in, Size Stowed: 22 x 25 x 6 in
- Made in Japan: The Takibi Fire and Grill is designed and manufactured in Japan, adhering to craftsmanship standards passed down over generations.
- Craftsmanship quality: Snow Peak’s products are superior for the attention to design poured into each item. All products are made utilizing premium materials and processes, resulting in lifelong durability.
- Product : Snow Peak meets top engineering standards to ensure durability in challenging outdoor conditions. If a product doesn’t function properly, contact User Services and we will repair or exchange for free if it fails to meet our standards.
Made in Japan, this fire grill can be used as a backyard grill or a regular fireplace.
- Stainless steel
- Made utilizing premium materials and processes
- Fireplace carrying bag
With this snowpeak fire pit, the craftsmanship (17.75 x 17.75 x 13 inches) for this grill have been passed down over generations. In addition to the bag, this set contains a fireplace grill, a fireplace grill bridge, a pack & carry fireplace (L) and a base plate stand.
- Packable, foldable and modular
- Meets top engineering standards to ensure durability in challenging outdoor conditions
- Coal bed sold separately
- Double check with lifetime terms; one user got a partial refund
This product is covered by a lifetime product guarantee. You can have your product repaired or exchanged for free.
- 2020 UPGRADE PORTABLE OUTDOOR FIRE PIT 2.0: SUCHDECO upgrade package size is 12.7″ x 3.9″ x 3.9″ (the traditional product package size was 33.8″ x 3.3″ x 3.3″). We designed the four steel feet to be detachable, which not only keep the better stability, but also will be more portable for outdoor camping.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: No tools required. You just need to connect the stainless steel tube to the support frame during the use.
- ECO-FRIENDLY & CONVENIENT: The net of the outdoor fire pit is constructed with anti-heating, eco-friendly 304 stainless steel material and is meticulously woven to limit ash and debris from slipping through. It is easy to clean.
- BEST CHOICE FOR OUTDOOR: Our portable fire pit is best choice for outdoor wood burning such as camping, outdoors picnic, beach, garden, trekking, barbecue, fishing, climbing, etc. Put it into your bag and enjoy your outdoor life!
- REUSABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: The 0.96mm heat-resistant mesh of our foldable fire pit, making ash or debris not fall and it is easy to clean. If any question, please contact us by e-mail freely, we’re always at your service!
This collapsible pit is perfect for get-togethers on the patio, for camping, barbecue parties, hanging out in the backyard and/or setup in the garden.
- Stainless steel mesh
- 22 inches
- Can hold up to 25 pounds
This lightweight fire pit, which is anti-heating and eco-friendly steel material, could easily fit inside of a backpack or luggage. Available in medium (16.5 inches) and large (22 inches), this fire pit has four detachable legs. There’s no major setup; just connect the tube to the frame.
- Small pit can fit in your backpack or luggage
- Foldable (less than 12.8 inches)
- Never should be used in a garage, building or any enclosed area so definitely not recommended for rainy day picnics
- One reviewer reported the legs bent after two months and could not hold the weight of the grill
When you’re all done, you should be able to easily clean ash from the 0.96mm heat-resistant mesh.
HY-C FG-19 Flame Genie
$149.99 in stock
- Produces a larger flame, more heat & longer burn times. Be captivated by the mesmerizing flames while adding a warm glow to your patio, campsite, or outdoor adventure
- Flame Genie’s smoke-free and spark-free features make it the perfect backyard, stream-side, or wilderness fire pit companion for all outdoor enthusiasts. No more smoky clothes or holes in fabrics from sparks
- Uses wood pellets, not firewood. Low moisture content of wood pellets results in a more efficient, cleaner burn than cord wood. Easy to handle wood pellets leave you with less ash to clean up and unlike firewood, pellets can be transported across state lines
- Steel material with black powder coat paint finish. Like most black firepits, the black models will show signs of finish fatigue after the initial fire. This is because the top rim of the firepit can exceed temperatures of 1200 °F and the high-temperature will burn-off any powder-coat finish
- Bottom nests in top for easy transport and compact storage
Compared to others, this may not be a cheap fire pit, but it is great for barbecuing or to be used as a fireplace. The bag it’s carried in keeps residual ash contained during storage and transport.
- 19 inches
- Uses wood pellets, not firewood
- Available in black or stainless steel
Wood burning fire pits such as this one produces a larger flame for more heat and a longer burn time. The clean burn comes from low moisture content from wood pellets, which makes the ash cleanup much easier. The top rim of the fire pit can exceed temperatures of 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. With a little sanding and high-temp paint, you can make the top coat look reasonably good as new.
- Warm glow
- No smoky clothes or holes in fabrics from sparks
- Black finish shows sign of finish fatigue after the initial fire
- More pellets may result in smoke mode, according to one review
The canvas tote is sold separately, but it’s double-stitched handles make the pit easy to carry.
2 used from $133.15
- 3-Fuels: Propane, Charcoal, or Wood (connects to standard 20 pound propane tank, or adapter for portable bottles sold separately)
- Portable: Collapses down to 5″, fits in carrying case for easy storage and transportation. Sets up in just seconds.
- Versatile: grill, Dutch oven, wok, bake, roast, fry, fire pit
- Use for camping, tailgating, RV’s, emergency preparedness, survival, and prepping
- Safe and efficient: 19,500 BTU burner. efficient use of charcoal and wood in the patented cook chamber
This portable propane fire pit can be a grill, Dutch oven, wok or fire pit. Use it for baking, roasting or frying the foods of your choice.
- Three fuels: propane, charcoal, wood
- Connects to standard 20 pound propane tank, or adapter for portable bottles
- 19,500 BTU burner
This pit is an efficient use of charcoal and wood in a patented cook chamber. This Volcano grill has tri-fuel capability, which sets it apart from all other outdoor cooking options.
- Collapsible (down to 5 inches)
- Fits in carrying case (included) for easy storage and transportation
- Adapter for portable bottles sold separately
- One reviewer described the flame as “uncontrollable” with propane (either high or won’t stay on)
If you’re planning your next camping trip, tailgating party, RV get-together, emergency preparedness and/or survival kit, don’t forget to bring this along.
$48.99 in stock
- BEST CAMPING PROJECT – Say goodbye to the troubles and dangers of carrying propane. This fire pit bowl is easier to control and safer than traditional bonfires, and fire pits outdoor is lightweight enough that you can carry it around easily.
- STURDY & DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Durable steel frame of the portable fire pit has a black heat-resistant coating. With weather resistant, large load-bearing capacity, long-lasting durability and rustproof features.
- MULTIPLE USES – All weather fire bowl can be used as fire pit,BBQ grill, perfect for your backyard, outdoor entertaining, bonfire pit, RV trips, camping, tailgating, beach, parties.
- SAFE & RELIABLE – This patio fire pit comes with a spark screen and a fire poker, Fire pit cover avoid sparks, embers, and debris from flying out, while a wood-handled poker lets you safely move wood or charcoal.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Firepits for outside with installation operating instruction and tools. Simply attach the 4 legs and outer rim and you are ready to create cozy memories in the backyard or while camping. ✓This wood burning fire pit has worry-free after-sales service
Enjoy this fire pit whenever you want to enjoy a few s’mores or a full dinner during your backyard party, at the park or beach, or during a bonfire.
- 22 inches
- Mesh spark screen cover
- Durable steel frame
With a black heat resistant finish, this fire pit is not only aesthetically nice to look at but also durable. The mesh screen helps avoid debris, ember and/or sparks. The wood-handled poker keeps you safe from moving wood or charcoal.
- Quick assembly (attach four legs and outer rim)
- Not recommended to be stored outdoors after use, even after the fire is out
- Paint of the fire pit peels off after the fire pit is used several times
Enjoy approximately five or so people sitting around the grill comfortably at your next picnic or BBQ event.
- The Pop-Up Fire Pit is the first truly portable wood or charcoal burning fire pit. This lightweight, portable firepit makes campfires possible anywhere, anytime which makes it the perfect companion for all outdoor enthusiasts. The Pop-Up Fire Pits state-of-art design allows for quick & easy assembly then collapses & packs away in a moment’s notice. It’s clean burn technology produces captivating flames and substantial heat output with 80% less smoke for a more enjoyable campfire experience.
- ENGINEERING SIMPLE – The Pop-Up Pit sets-up in just under 60 seconds without the use of any tools while still holding up to 125lbs worth of fuel!
- PERFECT BURNS – Burning on a fire-rated Stainless Steel Mesh (Fire Mesh) means our fires get perfect airflow. Enjoy brighter, hotter fires with almost no smoke. The Fire Mesh holds up to 125lbs of weight and doesn’t allow ash to fall through.
- EXCEEDS THE REGS – With 576sq inches of burn area, an elevated base, and 3.5inch sides the Pop-Up Fire Pit exceeds BLM and Forest Service regulations for fire pans.
- FIRESIDE GUARANTEE – The Pop-Up Fire Pit comes with our unique Fireside guarantee. Enjoy a lifetime guarantee on all parts of the Trailblazer less the Fire Mesh. The Fire Mesh will need to be replaced over time but comes feature a 50 fire / 1 yr min. guarantee.
With 30 seconds to set up and a one-minute cool down, this fire pit should be easy to navigate at a moment’s notice.
- Heat shield (optional)
- Ultralite (optional)
- 24 inches at full size
With the ability to hold 80 pounds, this fire pit packs smaller than a camp chair. It does not contain ember guards or a heat shield. Enjoy bigger fires with up to 80 percent less smoke.
- Lightweight (4 pounds)
- Should never rust
- Not recommended for use on sensitive ground areas
- Never use on decks without heat protection
This patented frame is covered by a 50-fire, one-year minimum guarantee. Replacements can be purchased for an additional cost ($19.95) and renew yearly. There is a lifetime guarantee on the frame and ember guards.
Best Choice Products
- SAFETY IN MIND: A steel mesh screen prevents embers and debris from escaping, while an included fire tool lets you safely adjust your wood or lift the lid
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: An all-tempered steel construction with a heat-resistant finish is easy to clean and will retain its strength across many seasons
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Sports a compact size that is perfect for traditional campfires or bonfires on your patio, poolside, or your next outing!
- MULTIPURPOSE FIRE PIT: Enjoy this pit with wood or charcoal as the raised grill promotes airflow and a stable flame, perfect for warming your guests or toasting marshmallows with your children
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Comes together in three pieces; the base, bowl, and lid for easy maintenance and storage when not in use; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 22″(Dia) x 18.5″(H); Weight Capacity: 110 lbs.
This all-tempered steel construction fire pit bowl should retain its strength across several seasons.
- 22 inches
- Screen cover
- Log grate
This outdoor, steel fire pit bowl is made with high-tempered steel and durable mesh. The steel mesh screen prevents embers and debris from escaping out of the sides. With its included fire tool, it should also be helpful to safely adjust wood and lift the lid. It also holds up to 110 pounds.
- Heat-resistant finish
- Easy to clean
- Assembly required
- Never use on windy days or intense dry heat
Use wood or charcoal on this raised grill to promote airflow and a stable flame, which comes in extra handy for s’mores (or plain old marshmallows) or get some warmth in your backyard or camping trip.
- Includes lid, stones, tank holder, gas hose and regulator
- Steel frame with rubbed bronze finish
- Uses 20 pound propane tank (not included) and has a 50,000 BTU output
- Safe for wood decks and great for camping or tailgating
- Dimensions are 18.5″ wide and 14.7″ high
This portable steel fire bowl is a beautiful centerpiece for your patio, at poolside, or outdoor activities while camping or at the beach.
- Available in black and bronze
- Rubbed bronze finish
- Locking lid and carry handle
This fire pit grill (18.5 inches x 14.7 inches) also includes a tank holder, gas hose and regulator. It uses a 20-pound propane tank and has a 50,000 BTU output. When you’re done cooking or firing, find yourself having an easier cleanup time with liquid propane gas, which eliminates the mess from burnt debris, ash, soot and the like.
- Safe for wood decks
- Auto-ignition dial
- Assembly required
- Propane tank (not included)
You’ll have an easier time controlling the fire with this fire pit; just use the auto-ignition dial to easily switch or adjust your flame as needed.
$89.99 in stock
- Heavy duty material: This garden fire pit is made of heavy-duty iron with black coating, which makes the fire pit sturdy and durable. Every part is connected using metal hardware. The whole fire pit is stable and durable for long-time outdoor & indoor use.
- Indoor & outdoor use: Our hex-shaped fireplace will work well for indoor and outdoor activities, also suitable for patio, backyard, camping, garden, etc. The light-weight design makes this metal fireplace convenient to move around.
- Hexagon shape for more warmth: Different from the square shape, this outdoor/indoor fire pit is designed in the special hexagon shape to extend the heating effects. Provide more heat and warmth through these six sides for you in cold winter.
- Grid screen: We adopt a hexagonal grid screen to make the fire inside visible. The hexagon screen not only lets airflow and heat flow circulate to provide a continuous warmth and comfort for you, but also can block the splinters and debris while the wood fires.
- Breeze assembly: Some simple assembly is required, but do not worry about it. Follow the accompanying instructions, and you will complete putting them together easily and quickly. The package includes a metal fire pit, an illustrated instruction, a poker, and necessary accessories.
This fire pit, with its wire mesh, should provide good heat resistance while still getting the cooking (or heating) job done as intended.
- 24 inches
- Hex-shaped fire bowl
- Spark screen cover
This fire pit is made to include built-in triangular bars to improve airflow and combustion, and block the splinters and debris while the wood fires. The mesh cover keeps air flowing while preventing sparks and embers from flying, that keeps the fire well-ventilated. Add or adjust wood with the poker (included).
- Coated surface for extra protection
- Not recommended to use on wooden floors
- No weatherproof water cover
The fire pit package includes a metal fire pit, an illustrated instruction, a poker and any accessories needed to get the fire immediately going.
$499.00 in stock
- PORTABLE & VERSATILE: This sturdy and striking fire pit can be quickly set up and taken down. Interlocking steel allows the pieces to be portable and lay flat when not in use. Bring this beautiful firepit to the beach, mountain, camping or in your RV
- GAS OR WOOD BURNING: Prefer gas burning? Set it up with propane or natural gas. Prefer wood burning? Easy to do and no accessory needed. You can also switch from gas to wood burning. Vents built into the steel allow for air flow for wood fires or piping for propane or natural gas. The most flexible fire bowl you’ve seen yet
- ELEVATE YOUR SPACE: Whether it’s your backyard or home away, this metal firepit will stand out and give you a great space for yourself and others. This fire pit stands out on your patio, backyard, garden or deck and helps give a place for people to gather and connect. Help create memorable experiences with family and friends around this pit
- UNIQUE & DURABLE: Functionality and design Patent Pending. Made in USA. Three 0.25 inch thick steel plates assemble quickly and easily into a unique, safe and sturdy outdoor fire pit without welding, screws or tools. The thick mild steel soon develops a beautiful and protective patina which requires no maintenance. Rounded corners help and support with safety
- SIMPLE: We have tried to create the most flexible and versatile fire bowl that not only looks amazing and beautiful, but is easy to use and can be brought with you to your next camping trip or help you entertain in your backyard. We feel that you will love this fire pit and are committed to your experience with it
Vents built into the steel of this fire pit allow for better airflow with wood fires, or piping for propane or natural gas.
- Interlocking steel design
- Option to use propane or natural gas
- Three 0.25-inch thick steel plates
The thick, mild steel has a protective patina layer, which requires no maintenance. It should also be easy to assemble without tools, screws and welding. And the rounded corners make it safer and more supportive.
- Lays flat when not in use
- No accessories needed
- On the heavier side once put together (25 pounds each, 80 pounds when put together)
- Keep children away from the hot steel
As with all steel cooking ware or grills, it is extremely important to follow all precautions. This will be very hot once the fire gets going and may take extra time to cool off, so plan ahead of time during your breakdown from the pool, beach, backyard or park.
- ❤32″ Fire Pit With Screen: Measures Dia.32″ x H19.7″. Approx 25 pounds. Lightweight and portable to move by catching the iron ring around
- ❤Spark Guard/Poker/Steel Net: Heavy-gauge spark screen protects you and your guests from sporadic flames and embers, offering an extra layer of safety. The poker helps you remove the spark screen and move logs more easily. Additional steel net is included to support the wood and let the air in beneath
- ❤Deep Steel Bowl: Large, deep-drawn steel bowl accommodates large fires for added warmth and convenience. Stable steel construction and heat-resistant painting keep the fire pit long lasting. Decorative lattice design cutouts for better flame visibility
- ❤Airflow Technology: Wood-burning fire pit features airflow technology that draws in air through the cutouts pattern for increased combustion, giving you longer and warmer fires
- ❤Great for any occasion: Suitable for backyard, outdoor entertaining, bonfire pit, RV trips, camping, tailgating, beach, parties, BBQ’s, relaxing, chilly evenings. 29″ fire pits are also available here. Search B07F9KYKFJ, B07FB54L84 to find them. Note：The fire pit is made of iron with good thermal conductivity. It is recommended to be used on outdoor quartz floor instead of wooden floor
This large steel patio fireplace is made up of a reinforced steel deep bowl, with a decorative lattice design, for large fires and airflow technology for increased combustion.
- 32 inches
- Poker included
- Heavy-gauge spark screen
Protect yourself from sporadic flames and embers with this secure spark screen. Use the poker to remove and adjust logs as needed. Additional steel net is included to let air in and support the wood. The deep-drawn steel bowl accommodates large fires for warmth, convenience and to cook with ease. And the iron material provides good thermal conductivity.
- Reasonably lightweight (25 pounds)
- Iron ring used for easy portability
- Not recommended on wooden floors (opt for outdoor quartz floors)
- Two users complained of “flimsiness” on the ring and it being uneven
The heat-resistant painting should help the fire pit last longer.
This eco-friendly fire pit has anti-heating mesh for good oxygen flow and complete combustion.
- Carry bag included
- Durable folding base
- 304 stainless steel
This product comes with a rollable, stainless steel mesh and folding legs. The legs, which can be disassembled, fit easily into the backpack to carry on to your next destination. No tools are required, and this should be easy to assemble. The above-ground application on this fire pit also makes air circulation easier.
- Durable folding base
- Anti-heating mesh
- One user reported a hole burned in the mesh after the fourth use
- Steel may be hotter, take more time to cool
This steel fire pit has high-temperature resistance, should not be easily damaged and is rustproof.
Ideal as a portable campfire, this sturdy constructed fire pit includes a cooking grate and a spark screen with a poker.
- Available in two colors: Georgia clay and black
- Available in two designs: Stars and moon design, wildlife
- Steel construction
This three-legged fire pit is durable enough to handle high heat in its full-size enamel cooking grate, has a sand paint finish and a full enclosure spark guard with a lifting hoop. While the design is fun to look at, it’s not all about aesthetics. Each opening allows fire to last longer due to the circulation of air flow.
- Safety ring for easy transport
- 360-degree view of the fire in stars-and-moon design
- 10-inch deep fire pit (stars and moons design) and 12.5-inch deep fire pit (wildlife) are not available in black
- Star-and-moon designed peeled off on one user’s Georgia clay design
The mesh guard on this fire pit also makes barbecuing or enjoying the fire look worry-free, without uncontrollable embers flying where you don’t want them.
The 15 fire pit grills above are a fun way to enjoy a little extra heat during your next camp outing or picnic. Or, take advantage of the grill and fire to snack on s’mores, corn on the cob, BBQ and more.
As with any other kind of grill, there are specific instructions for how to take care of the food remnants after the grill is cool. In addition to regular maintenance, avoid using ice cubes or other coolants to speed up the cooling process, primarily because you will put your own grill at an increased risk of creating unnecessary rust. Clean as instructed by the manufacturer.
Some fire pit grills are also not recommended to use during extremely hot days or windy days, and other manufacturers warn owners to never leave the fire pit outside, even when not in use.
While some require assembly, others can easily be set up and broken down simply by removing and/or adding the legs, the mesh screen and a lid.
Know ahead of time whether you’ll need to use your grill in a setting that requires constant setup and breakdown to decide which ones work best for you.
Head over to the homepage for all your Lifestyle needs!
Portable Fire Pit
Choosing the best portable fire pit is easy with our detailed reviews & ratings.
Solo Stove Bonfire
Snow Peak Takibi
HY-C FG-19 Flame Genie
Best Choice Products