“A good attacker won’t hack in; they’ll log in.” This was a quote from Ryan Kalember, executive vice president of cybersecurity strategy at Proofpoint (1). He’s not wrong. But no matter how many posts are published about poor passwords, entirely too many people still fall into the same trap. They’ll use birthdays, anniversaries, “123456” or “password” as their passwords, but be surprised when their accounts are hacked.
However, if you’re looking for the best password book, then you are a consumer who clearly understands that selecting various passwords is the best way to secure your account. (Of course anti-virus software, clearing cache and Internet files, and discouraging Internet ads and pop-ups help, too.)
But having a quality Internet password book is a step in the right direction of creating passwords that don’t all mirror each other and keeping the book in a safe place to access at a moment’s notice.
Best Password Books
WTF Is My Password
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||105|
Why would you need to know “wtf” your password is? If you’ve ever had a “word fart” where you simply could not remember a super common word, you know the pain of this. With a password notebook, you have a way to rescue yourself from struggling to figure out the password or being forced to reset it every time. Whatever you do though, please don’t use “123456.”
- 105 pages
- Alphabetized pages
- Premium matte cover design
This password notebook is a place to record your most important usernames, passwords and website addresses for safe-keeping in case you forget them or in the event of an emergency. This 6 x 9-inch password organizer is interestingly dainty and eye-catching with a flower in a black frame book, even with the “WTF” printed on the front.
- Flexible paperback material
- High-quality paper
- One user reported “ink spills” on some pages
- Another user complained that the pages were printed too high up with too much white space at the bottom
This independently published book is lightweight enough to carry around as needed and provides enough room to write a few notes in the “Notes” section, too.
The Personal Internet Address & Password Logbook
$7.67 in stock
4 used from $3.67
- Used Book in Good Condition
Passwords can get tricky at your job. If your HelpDesk rep needs to log in, you may have to share your old password to get a work assignment fixed. If you can get around this, try changing your real password to something vague like “password” until he’s done. Then change it back to the original, more secure password you were using before.
- Removable cover sleeve
- Hardcover spiral notebook
- Tabbed A to Z pages
These tabbed A-to-Z pages hold three entries on each page of the 4.25 x 5.75-inch book, with five lines for a website name, website address, login/username, password, and three lines for recording extra information about the website/account.
- Space to list “Software License Numbers”
- Five pages for extra notes at the very end of the book
- One user ended up with black fingerprints from front and back covers
- Another user reported the pages would stick together
This book can hold 390 total entries.
$10.99 in stock
- NEVER FORGET A PASSWORD AGAIN! Safely store your internet details in this password book small. Lies flat when open making it easy to write it, keeping track of all your logins has never been simpler.
- EASY TO USE & READ - Printed to make the pages as clear as possible, this password organizer has A-Z tabs to easily find the password you need. With a ribbon page marker to mark frequently used pages.
- LOTS OF ROOM - List up to 400 websites. Note down the web address & username for each one with space for up to 2 passwords/hints for when you change them. Password journal with pages for notes & more.
- JUST WHAT YOU NEED FOR PEACE OF MIND - With no title on the front, this small password book will keep your details safe. For extra security there's space to write hints instead of the password itself.
- THE PERFECT GIFT - Designed to make life as easy as possible, this password book measures 6 x 4.5''. Made to last it makes the perfect gift for friends and family, or simply just to keep for yourself!
Should you write down your secret questions, in addition to your passwords? As long as you can make sure this book stays in a secure place, write down anything you think would be forgettable. Pay special attention to plural words or things you may overlook (ex. adding “Mr.” or “Mrs.” to your favorite teacher’s name).
- Alphabetical tabs
- Ten notes pages
- Available in four designs (black zig zag, teal, black birds, blue floral)
This password book (6 x 4.5 inches) has enough room for 400 passwords and 30 websites per tab. This book closes with an elastic closure to protect the pages.
- Satin ribbon page marker to mark favorite pages
- Space to write password hints
- Paper was curling when it arrived, according to one user
- Pages would not lay out to comfortably write on
Unlike other books, this password book can “hide in plain sight” because it doesn’t have a “password” label on the front. Hide if you want or leave it be.
Shit I Can't Remember
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||50|
Should you use multi-factor authentication (MFA) or pins in addition to your password? That is a completely independent decision. Just be careful that if you have MFA options that you remember to update them before changing your mobile phone number, or have a landmark line as an alternative to verify who you are.
- Room for 160 different websites
- Notes section for each entry
- 48-page paperback
This password book (5.5 x 8.5 inches) allows you to record your usernames, passwords, websites and notes, with a comical front cover.
- Lightweight (5.6 ounces)
- Small enough to fit in a purse
- One user received a poorly cut book that said “asswords” instead of “passwords”
- No alphabet tabs to easily find pages/websites
Although there are no dividers to easily find each page, if you’re in the habit of jotting down notes as needed, this may not sway you away from this book.
$7.99 in stock
- Durable Translucent Cover Custom Password Journal with spaces to record Web Site, Email Used, Username, Password(s) and Notes.
- Side Bound Wire-O Binding so Password Journal lies flat
- This is a password book with alphabetical tabs. User Data Page to Help keep it Personal. Notes Page for Adding Comments.
- Archival safe, acid-free, 60 lb. paper, Page Dimensions: 3 1/2" x 5 1/4"
- Made in USA, Proudly Produced in Ohio. Veteran-Owned.
While each user has their own ideas about how much space and how many lines are needed, have a general idea (from your own notes) of how many pages you’ll need to carefully write down login information for your password journal. This will save you from jamming passwords on the wrong alphabetized page.
- Side wire-O binding
- 120 pages
- Available in three sizes (3.5 x 5.25 inches, 5 x 7 inches, 8.5 x 11 inches)
This password journal provides enough room to write down usernames, passwords, email addresses, websites and notes.
- Translucent cover
- Durable, thick texture
- Acid-free paper
- Alphabetized letter pages don’t stick out for easy navigation
This veteran-owned company allows users to jot down notes on a flat surface at a moment’s notice.
$9.32 in stock
- A low-tech solution for forgotten passwords!
- Convenient size of 3.5" x 4.5" to fit in purses and computer bags
- 70 alphabetical pages with lines for website addresses, user names and hints plus a few extra pages for notes
- Spiral-bound with retractable pen
- A great gift for anyone who forgets passwords or has notes all over the place
Are you ever worried that you’ll have too many passwords to the point of being overwhelmed? Consider a pattern of passwords to make it easier to remember. For example, are you a fan of “The Flintstones”? Make your passwords similar: Barney, Fred, Wilma, Betty and more. This way they’re different enough to still have to figure out, but you’ll still have a better chance of keeping track of them all.
- Black ink retractable pen
- Aluminum case
This strong, durable password book (3.5 x 4.5 inches) gives you more room to write with its horizontal print option on 70 alphabetical pages.
- Password tips included
- Extra blank pages for notes
- No alphabetical tabs to easily navigate the page
- Horizontal spirals may make it harder to write unless folding each page
Write out your websites, username, passwords, and a few extra pages for notes.
Internet Password Logbook
11 used from $6.24
|Number Of Pages||128|
If you’re ever worried that your password logbook will come up missing, consider writing various codes that give you password hints instead of writing down the actual passwords. The only downside is should your loved ones need to access these accounts in the event of an emergency, they may not understand these hints. Consider one hidden book with the actual passwords and another with password hints.
- Tabbed, alphabetical pages
- 128 pages
- Cognac leatherette
Keep track of all of your login information (i.e. usernames, passwords, websites) in this 4 x 6-inch logbook.
- Extra pages for notes
- Durable hardcover
- Several users said the pages fell out
- Does not lie flat
Although it’s described as “thick as a journal,” depending on how many passwords and how many notes are needed, this description may be more complimentary than a complaint.
- Password Manager: Use these internet notebooks to keep your log-in information in one place; the alphabetical A-Z tabs easily help you record your name, website, username, password, and notes
- Multi-Purpose: Each spiral password book has additional lined pages for taking notes, brainstorming, creative writing, or jotting down memos at home or in your office
- Reliable Quality: Our internet address and password logbook set has a plastic cover that resists rips, tears and folds with high-quality 80 gsm paper that resists ink bleed from pens, markers and highlighters
- The Perfect Size: Each password keeper journal measures 6 x 7 inches; perfectly sized to fit into your backpack, laptop bag, or purse
- Comes With: You will receive 2 password book with alphabetical tabs with 80 pages each
Are you looking for the perfect place to store this two-pack? You should make sure one is in an indestructible place like a fireproof box, to avoid spills, potential fire damage, pets and even your kids.
- 13 alphabetical dividers
- 80 pages (each)
- Two-pack of journals with black and grey covers
This logbook journal (5.8 x 7.3 inches) has tabs to easily reach the page you need while navigating the internet. Write out your usernames, passwords and websites as needed.
- Sturdy plastic cover resists rips, tears and folds
- Memo note section for additional reminders
- One user said the cover curls up
- Binding may stick and not flip pages as easy as other books
There are two letters per page, which means you may have more traffic on some pages more than others.
Premium Journal And Logbook
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||108|
Should you use symbols in all of your passwords? Generally speaking, yes. But just make sure you recall which ones you use for each login. Consider a pattern of using certain symbols for certain types of logins (ex. dollar signs for bills) so it’ll be easier to create new passwords as needed.
- Calligraphy and hand-lettering design
- 108 pages
This password book (5 x 8 inches) offers the opportunity for you to jot down your login and private information for online and print use.
- Printed on high-quality stock paper (60# interior stock)
- Easy to carry in a purse or backpack
- Cover may come off the binding, according to one user
- Pages started coming out of the book, for one user
This password book, with its alphabetized pages, can also be used for bills and social media information.
My Password Book
- ✅This password book has 130 pages in total with more than 330 password spaces. Ideal size and writable space for writing long passwords, now more requested, long website addresses and multiple security questions.
- ✅This handy password book offers a quick alphabet search with printed letters for easy scrolling through your search. Common letters have more pages than less common ones. A letter like A has as much as 30 password spaces and letters like X and Z have 6 password spaces.
- ✅Our unique design visual of this password book has the yellow highlighted name line to speed up your search. Your eyes will first focus on these lines. Being a spiral binding, this password book lays flat on the desk and won't snap shut when you type in your passwords.
- ✅Moreover, this password book has customizable pages for personalized entries by topics to group passwords like emails, bank codes, ATM cards, business, devices like smartphones, tablets, computer access passwords, your daily logins, home entry keypad, locks, safe, etc. Very handy!
- ✅This password book, when the front ad page is removed, becomes anonymous to others, because this book is private for you! Instruction and advise page included in the book.
What should you do with customizable pages like the one in this password book? Make the best of it with password hints, secret question answers, account numbers and/or even percentage increases for your bills.
- Burgundy cover
- 330-password capacity
- 8 writing lines per section
This Internet password and private code book, which is 7 x 5 inches, takes into account more popular letters. The more common lettered pages have additional pages than the lesser-used pages.
- More writable space for longer passwords
- Visible printed letters
- No tabs that stick out
- The pages may bind/hang upon the wire coil along the back
The yellow highlighted area in this 110-page book is designed to help you quickly recognize names on each password page.
Password Keeper Logbook
$12.97 in stock
- Don't worry about forgetting passwords anymore. The Eccolo Password keeper book has you covered. With the help that the password organizer has to offer, you can always carry your passwords with you
- This is no random password organizer, but a password book with alphabetical tabs, now you can organize and access your data easily. With this level of organizing your data is never out of your hands
- Eccolo Password Book guarantees it will be your best companion. Working in an office? Meet your new business notebook, always by your side at the office desk, so your work details can always be safe
- Minimalistic and stylish design. Made with high-quality materials. This password keeper comes in a nice linen-white faux leather design that wraps around a hardcover body. Small and compact, coming in at 5.75x4 inches
- Consider the Eccolo notebook as a great gift also, for somebody you know, or yourself even. Organize your credit card information, and social media account login or use it as an address book also
Do you ever get to the point where you’re fed up with trying to remember a boatload of passwords and want to throw in the towel? Probably. Does that mean you should do so and just make ever password all the same? Google says hackers steal approximately 250K logins per week (2). Don’t make it easy for them.
- Faux leather hardcover
- Alphabetized pages
- Three designs (black bee, gray key, pink bow)
This password book (5.75 x 4 inches) is the perfect place to record your passwords, usernames, license information, websites and other confidential information. The attached bookmark also helps you keep your place for popular login info.
- Pocket-size book that fits in your purse
- Tabbed format for easy searches
- Pages don’t totally lay flat
- Tabs don’t have plastic on them, which tends to keep tabs from folding over
In addition to the usual passwords and usernames that go in a book like this, there’s also a print space for software licenses, hardware, modem, ISP, router and IP address information.
$8.98 in stock
16 used from $3.52
- Made with care
- Quality Materials
- Perfect for home or office
If you ever wonder whether the password rating is worth it (good, OK, poor), know that these ratings didn’t come out of nowhere. Their sole goal is to save companies from scrambling to try to get you back into your account and hackers out of it. It’s a win-win for both.
- Elastic closure
- Card pocket
- 160 thumb index pages
This 3 x 5-inch password keeper has a classic vintage look to make your “secure” password book look even more secure.
- Small enough to place in a purse
- Easy-to-spot alphabet organizer with tabs
- No secret lock (just an image of one)
- Trying to remove the lock sticker will ruin the front and back cover, according to one user
Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. The lock design on the front of the book is not real, but it’s a great conversation piece.
Do you worry that having a password journal makes you more vulnerable to having your accounts hacked? What if you bring the book in your book bag or purse and accidentally leave it? The first step you should take is to consider buying two password books, not one.
Leave one on a bookshelf somewhere that can easily be found and used around your home. And keep a second one for on-the-go login needs. This way you won’t have to worry about trafficking around one book, or leaving it, if it’s always in your most accessible place.
Having two password books also provides you with the opportunity to change passwords immediately in the event one is lost. While potential loss is a reasonable argument for why notes should be vague enough for you to remember but not so much that strangers can, be careful with password hints and secret questions.
Choose verification information that you would not easily forget as opposed to very specific spellings and details. The goal of these books is to make accessing your accounts easier to do, not harder.
Visit the Lifestyle Reviews homepage for more detailed product reviews!
- Bree Fowler. 2020. Tips for Better Passwords. https://www.consumerreports.org/digital-security/tips-for-better-passwords/
- Selena Larson. 2017. Google says hackers steal almost 250,000 web logins each week. https://money.cnn.com/2017/11/09/technology/google-hackers-research/index.html
Choosing the best password book to keep your log in details safe and secure is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings.
- WTF Is My Password
- The Personal Internet Address & Password Logbook
- Boxclever Press
- Shit I Can't Remember
- Internet Password Logbook
- Premium Journal And Logbook
- My Password Book
- Password Keeper Logbook
- Password Keeper