The most common irritating pests cats suffer from are fleas. These blood-sucking bugs stay on your cat and use your beloved felines as food, which can drive your cat nuts with constant itching.
To help prevent fleas from hitching a ride on your cat you need the best flea treatment for cats. The best flea control for cats is safe for them but deadly to fleas. There are a variety of different flea treatments to choose from, so it can get a bit overwhelming to find the right one to fit your cat. But not to worry, we have compiled a list of effective flea treatments that you can choose one and experiment with until you find the right flea treatment for your cat.
Best Flea Treatment For Cats
- ✍ 24/7 EFFECTIVE AND SAFE. Our collar is made from 100% natural oils to keep your cat pest-free. It has new 2018 formula which makes it more effective than competitors. It is hypoallergenic and does not require biting, kills on contact.
- ✍8 MONTHS Protection. No more remembering each month when you last time applied flea medicine to your cat. This collar protects your pet 24/7 for 240 days.
- ✍VET-RECOMMENDED. Fleas and other insects cause itching and secondary infections. They can cause anemia and other diseases. Therefore, vets strongly suggest using flea and tick preventive collar for everyday use.
- ✍EASY TO USE. Simply place tick repellent collar around the pet's neck, adjust to fit and buckle in the suitable place. The collar must be worn loosely. Cut off and dispose of the excess length. Only apply for cats and kittens at least 8 weeks old.
- ✍SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. Our company's is main purpose is customer satisfaction. If you will not be fully satisfied with our product, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will provide you with best solution. There is no risk so give it a try.
For the cat who has skin reactions to topical flea treatments, they will appreciate the less irritating yet reliable flea prevention power of Protecto’s Natural Cat Flea Collar.
- Made of natural oils
- Provides 24/7 protection
- Lasts 240 days
- Comes with a Satisfaction Guarantee
For some cats, it can be easier to manage flea problems by having them wear a collar. Protecto’s Cat Flea Collars are made 100% out of natural oils that are meant to kill and keep away fleas. None of the oils used will harm or irritate your cat’s skin, making this collar hypoallergenic.
The oils will only kill fleas and their eggs, lice, mosquitos, and even ticks. Sizing the collar to your cat is easy as it is one size fits all; all you need to do is adjust the buckle to a comfortable size on your cat, secure it, and cut away any excess collar.
Your cat will have up to eight months of protection, which is longer than most topical flea treatments can offer. And since the collar is waterproof, you will not have to worry about any of the flea treatment being washed away during bath times.
- Can be adjusted
- Kills on contact
- Ideal for cats an kittens over seven weeks of age
- Works best on an indoor only cat
- Some cats may not enjoy wearing collars
Protecto’s Natural Cat Flea Collar is one of the best natural flea collar for cats that can keep away even the most irritating of fleas.
$49.97 in stock
- 6-MONTH PROTECTION: 6-month supply of Advantage II topical flea prevention for cats 9 pounds and over
- EASY-TO-APPLY: Easy-to-apply and pre-measured application tubes, fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours
- KILLS FLEAS THROUGH CONTACT: Adavantage II flea prevention for cats kills fleas through contact, meaning fleas don't have to bite your cat in order to die
- STARTS WORKING WITHIN 12 HOURS: Starts working within 12 hours and protects your cat for up to 30 days. Kills fleas in multiple life stages; Eggs, larvae and adults to break the flea life cycle
- VET-RECOMMENDED: Vet-recommended, fragrance-free and designed specifically to treat and prevent fleas on cats
When you think of a cat flea treatment, the first one that comes to mind may be Advantage II Topical Flea Treatment, which is one of the best flea and tick treatment for cats.
- Topical flea treatment
- Easy to apply
- Lasts a full month
- Vet recommended
Advantage II uses a blend of pet safe ingredients that effectively kills all the different life stages of the flea. Advantage II works by being absorbed into your cat’s skin and then being released in the oils naturally produced by the cat’s skin.
A flea does not have to bite your cat in order to die as Advantage II kills through contact. Applying the flea treatment to your cat is easy as you simply puncture the top of the flea applicator with the cap and squeeze the flea treatment between your cat’s shoulder blades, on the middle of their spine, and at the base of their tail for optimal spreading.
Each topical treatment starts working in about 12 hours and lasts a full month so, whether your cat is indoors only, outdoors, or both, they will always be protected from any potential flea infestations.
- Available in one, two, four, and six-month doses
- Available in a kitten, small cat, and large cat sizes
- Kills all flea life stages
- Cats with skin sensitivities may have reactions to the topical treatment
- Is an oil so needs to dry or can stain clothes and furniture
Keep your cat protected from all life stages of the flea by using Advantage II Topical Flea Treatment.
- Treat Flea Infestations With One Easy Tablet
- Contains Nitenpyram, Veterinarian Recommended
- Fast acting, starts working in 30 minutes
- Kills Adult Fleas On Your Pet
- Easy-To-Dose Tablet Format, No Mess, Can't Rub Or Wash Off
Sometimes, cats do not enjoy wearing collars or having an oil rubbed on them, so you can sneakily give them oral flea medications for cats, like Sentry CapGuard Oral Flea Treatment, to ensure they have the flea coverage that they need.
- Oral flea treatment
- Fast acting design
- Kills adult fleas
- Easy to give
Fleas do not have to be a problem for you when you use Sentry CapGuard Flea Treatments. This flea treatment is not meant to be used as a monthly treatment, but, instead, is intended to be used to kill off flea infestations before they become a worse problem.
When you give your cat this tablet, you should start seeing the flea infestation problem start to go down and within six hours all the fleas should be gone. Each tablet contains Nitenpyram, which is a veterinarian recommended, pet-safe, chemical that will kill fleas quickly with no extra strain on your cat.
If your cat gets infested with fleas again within a few days, it is safe to give this oral flea treatment to your cat again. With no messy oils or itchy collars getting rid of fleas with this oral treatment will be a breeze.
- Safe for cats to ingest
- Comes in six-month dosage
- Supports cats weighing between 2-25 pounds
- Kills fleas when they bite down on your cat
- Will not work if cat throws up the pill before 30 minutes have passed
Sentry CapGuard Oral Flea Treatment is a safe alternative to flea treatments that will get the work done fast.
$40.98 in stock
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for cats and kittens: Frontline Plus for Cats provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your cat. This product is approved for use on cats and kittens 1.5 lbs and over.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for cats: Frontline Plus for Cats has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for cats and kittens 8 weeks and older.
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline's long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the cat's skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for cats works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens is another popular topical flea treatment that works fast and efficiently to kill fleas before they become an infestation on your cat.
- Easy to apply topical treatment
- Good for cats and kittens
- Lasts for 30 days
- Waterproof design
- Kills both fleas and ticks
Frontline for cats is a water-proof, fast-acting, and long-lasting topical flea treatment that kills fleas on contact, and kills fleas and eggs before the flea life cycle can start anew. Frontline has two tough flea killing ingredients, fipronil, to kill adult fleas and ticks, and (S)-methoprene to kill flea eggs and larvae.
Frontline flea treatment will start working within a few hours of being applied and stays in your cat’s system for a full 30 days for the highest flea prevention control possible out of a topical flea treatment. This is one of the best flea treatment for kittens thanks to the pet-safe chemicals used. You will no longer have to worry about your cat isat risk of having a flea infestation so long as you are using Frontline on them monthly.
- Stops the flea life cycle
- Comes in a three-month dosage box
- Ideal for cats over eight weeks of age weighing more than 1.5 pounds
- Some pet owners claimed that their cat still had fleas after being given this treatment
- Oil can cause stains on clothes and furniture
Fleas will cower in fear when they see that you are using Frontline Plus for Cats and Kittens on your cat.
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact, repel, and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes in laboratory testing. It breaks the flea life cycle by eliminating eggs, larvae, and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. When used as directed, a safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops harnesses the power of nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, CATS OF ALL AGES WHEN USED AS DIRECTED. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets when used as directed. Powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family, and kid-safe, when used as directed. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home! A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty free and USA Made with U.S. and global components.
If you have a cat that will not cooperate and take any of the traditional flea treatments you may have to turn to a flea spray, like Wondercide Flea and Tick Spray for Cats.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Can be sprayed directly on cats
- Has no harmful ingredients
- pH balanced
You wouldn’t think that a flea spray would have enough strength to kill fleas, but that means you haven’t tried Wondercide yet. This flea and tick spray is made from USA sourced, natural essential oils that are proven to be effective against stopping the flea and tick life cycle without harming your cat.
Wondercide starts working in as little as two minutes to kill and prevent any flea infestation from sprouting on your cat. Since all the ingredients used are pet-safe you can spray your cat directly and massage the spray in; not only will fleas no longer be a problem, but your cat’s coat and skin will be smoother and shinier thanks to the pH balanced ingredients.
Not only can you use Wondercide on your cat, but it can also double as a home spray to kill and stop hidden flea infestations in your home that you may not even realize is there.
- Easier flea treatment alternative
- Available in 4 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz, and gallon options
- Available in Lemongrass, Rosemary, Cedar, and Peppermint odors
- Needs to be used daily for optimal flea control
Wondercide Flea and Tick Spray for Cats gives you the flea protection you need for your cat at the convenience that your cat will appreciate.
Ecolife Spot On
- ALL NATURAL SAFE AND NON-TOXIC – Takes between 48-72 hours until the oils cover your pet’s body and has NO harmful pesticides, safe for use around children and pets. Light pleasant natural scent. Environmental friendly and Professional Childproof Pipette so you can prevent flea and ticks for your cat while also keeping your family safe
- EASY TO USE GENTLE ON YOUR CATS SKIN – Non-greasy, flea and tick protection in a long lasting convenient 4-month spot treatment (applied every 30 days). Quickly absorbed into skin, leaves no residue or oil on fur. Repels many fleas and ticks on contact. Detailed Instructions below
- REPELS INSPECTS - Formula specifically designed to repel many insects, flea, ticks, mosquitoes, ants and flies our easy to use flea treatment for cats is a great way to provide flea prevention for cats
- 4 MONTHS OF PROTECTION & WATERPROOF – Provides 4 months of tick and flea control for your cat during and after bathing as well as for cats who enjoy playing in the water
- GREAT FOR CATS OF ALL AGES – Our spot on flea medicine for cats is recommended for kittens and cats of all ages and is great for cats with sensitive skin, making it the perfect flea prevention and tick prevention for cats of all sizes. SIZING - SMALL, Up to 9lbs ; LARGE, 9lbs or more
If you are afraid of putting harsh chemicals on your cat, then you will be glad to know that there is an all natural topical flea treatment option, EcoLife Natural Flea Topical Treatment.
- Made of all natural ingredients
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Good for all ages
- Full month of protection
Some cats have sensitive skin, which means that they are more prone to having reactions to the typical topical flea treatment. EcoLife is a non-greasy, all-natural alternative that will kill fleas on the spot. This flea treatment uses a combination of pet-safe and human-safe ingredients that will not irritate sensitive skin while leaving a light, lovely scent on your cat.
When applied on your cat it will be quickly absorbed in their skin and stay in their system for a full month of flea prevention power. Your cat’s skin and coat will even benefit from this flea treatment as it will keep them happy, healthy, smooth, and shinier than ever. The formula is specifically designed to kill and repel all insects, flea, ticks, mosquitoes, ants, and flies so no bug will bother your cat.
- Kills and repels fleas and other insects
- Non-toxic ingredients
- Comes in a four-month dosage box
- Customers have claimed that fleas were still a problem even after application
EcoLife Natural Flea Topical Flea Treatment works just as well as the chemical centered topical flea treatments to kill fleas.
$56.92 in stock
- 8-MONTHS OF CONTINUOUS PROTECTION: Provides 8-months of continuous flea and tick prevention
- WORKS THROUGH CONTACT: Seresto flea and tick collar for cats works through contact, so fleas and ticks do not have to bite your cat to die
- VET-RECOMMENDED: Vet-recommended flea and tick prevention for cats in a convenient, ordorless non-greasy collar; No need for messy monthly treatments
- STARTS WORKING WITHIN 24 HOURS: Starts to repel and kill fleas within 24 hours of initial application
For one of the best flea collar for cats to buy turn to a Seresto Flea and Tick Collar.
- Veterinarian recommended
- Eight month flea coverage
- Easy to use
- Water resistant
You will only need one Seresto collar for long-lasting flea prevention as each collar is guaranteed to provide eight months of flea protection for your cats. You will not have to struggle with oily messes, strong chemical smells, sprays, or pills as all you have to do is slip the collar on, adjust it, snap it in place, and cut off any excess collar.
The fleas and ticks that try to make a meal of your kitty will be killed on contact without having to bite your cat, which saves them from having rashes or skin irritations. If your cat is an indoor and outdoor cat this collar will still protect them from fleas.
If your cat were to get the collar stuck on something a release mechanism will allow the collar to be stretched by your cat’s strength so they can escape the collar safely. There are even reflective clips on the collar to increase nighttime visibility as your cat wanders about at night.
- Quick release mechanism
- Has a reflective strip
- Kills fleas through contact
- Can be used on cats ten weeks and older
- Best when used on indoor only cats
Keep fleas away from your cat and make sure your cat feels comfortable when wearing a Seresto Flea and Tick Collar.
Natural Care Spray
- A WORKING SOLUTION - Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS - The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS - It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE - You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY - The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
You can treat Natural Care Flea and Tick Spray for Cats as a dry shampoo to get rid of pesky fleas.
- Kills on contact
- Repels mosquitos
- No harsh chemicals used
This plant-based solution uses the combined flea killing power of plant extracts such as peppermint, oil, and cloves. It kills fleas on contact so the flea will not have to bite your cat in order to be stopped. As well, the solution kills flea eggs, flea larva, and even repels mosquitos. Spray your cat directly and rub the formula into their fur to get optimal flea protection coverage.
You will not have to worry about the spray damaging your furniture as it is safe to use on pet beddings, pillows, blankets, carpets, upholstery, countertops, and much more around your house. Since it can be sprayed near everywhere, you should have no problem killing and controlling flea infestations inside your home and on your cat.
- Does not stain
- Plant-based formula
- Made in the USA
- Safe to use of cats over 12 weeks of age
- Needs to be applied regularly compared to other flea treatments
Natural Care Flea and Tick Spray is a more comfortable alternative flea treatment that your cat will be thankful for.
- ✅ KILLS 95% OF FLEAS AND TICKS IN 24 HOURS - Premium collars include the most effective all-natural formula used by leading brands in the pet care industry, so you can rest assured that you are giving your cat the absolute best treatment.
- ✅ REPELS AND KILLS FLEAS, TICKS, LICE, AND MOSQUITOS - Our safe and natural flea collar is designed to repel and kill all pests that could cause any harm to your cat. Ultimately, keeping your cat happy, healthy and pest-free.
- ✅ 8 MONTHS OF CONTINUOUS PROTECTION - The collar works around the clock to kill and repel fleas, ticks, and other pests ensuring 24/7 protection for a continuous 8 months.
- ✅ FITS ALL BREEDS AND SIZES - Our collar is built to be used for any sized cat. Simply adjust the collar to fit the length you need and cut off any remaining length.
- ✅ MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - We are so confident that you will love our collar that if you are unhappy with it for any reason, we will buy it back from you, no questions asked!
The one-size fits all Premium Flea Collar for Cats keeps fleas away and keeps your cat itch free.
- Kills 95% of fleas
- Repels fleas, ticks, and mosquitos
- Provides eight month control
- One size fits all
Premium Flea Collar uses an effective, all-natural formula that repels and kills fleas, ticks, lice, and mosquitos. Your cat will not be harmed when using this collar to keep your cat happy, healthy, and protected. Adjust the collar to your cat’s neck size using the buckles on the side and cut off any remaining collar.
Once the collar is in place, your cat will have up to eight months of protection that will be working non-stop 24/7. Since there is no stick oil being used your clothes and furniture will be safe, and since it is not a pill, you will not have to worry about your cat throwing up and not having the full flea protection they need.
- Money-back guarantee
- Does not harm cats
- All-natural formula
- Customers have stated it can be hard to adjust
Fleas can be a pest that could harm your cat’s fur and skin, so be sure to protect them against fleas by using a Premium Flea Collar for Cats.
- Program Oral Suspension for large cats 11-20lbs (Over 4.5kg)
- Monthly oral treatment for the prevention and long term control of fleas in small cat.
- Each pack contains 6 x 270mg liquid ampoules of Program for Cats
- Flea eggs become sterile
- Administer one ampoule monthly for at least 6 months
When looking for flea pills for cats Program, Oral Flea Treatment for Cats provides long-lasting yet safe flea control.
- Kills flea life stages
- Comes as a six month supply
- Easy on the cat’s stomach
The Program uses liquid ampoules of Program for Cats so that it is easy for your cat to swallow thanks to the smooth and slick texture. While this particular box is meant for cats weighing 11-20 pounds, there are other boxes available to accommodate the different cat weights. It is advised to give this oral flea treatment to your cat with a full stomach to prevent them from having any upset stomach.
The flea treatment works fast to kill fleas and make flea eggs sterile. Each flea tablet provides a full month of protection for your cat from fleas and prevents any flea infestations from occurring. You get six tablets in this box for a half year worth’s of long-lasting protection. No more will fleas be an issue, and no more will your cat be constantly scratching at annoying flea bites.
- Ideal for cats weighing 11-20 pounds
- Provides a full month of protection
- Must be given with a meal
Flea prevention does not have to be hard, especially when giving your cat Program Oral Flea Treatment for Cats.
From pills to collars, to topical treatments, you have a wide variety of flea treatments available at the ready for you. Some work better than others, depending on the cat and their habits, so it can take a few tries to find the best one for your cat. What you need to look out for is a flea treatment that is both safe and effective for your cat. You can also choose between using medicinal or natural flea treatments, depending on your preference and your cat’s skin sensitivity levels.
Some flea treatments you can use together safely without interfering with the other active flea treatments. You need to be aware of what flea treatments are safe for your cat’s age as some can be too strong for young kittens or too weak for older cats. Be sure that you have chosen the flea treatment that will best benefit your cat before flea season comes back or you may not have the chance to experiment with different flea treatment options.
Best Flea Treatment For Cats
Look no further for the best flea treatment for cats. Read through our reviews of today's best to find the most suitable product for your feline friends.
- Protecto’s cat flea collar
- Advantage II Flea prevention
- SENTRY Capguard Oral Flea Control Medication
- Frontline Plus for Cats
- Wondercide Flea Control Spray
- Ecolife Spot On Flea and Tick Repellent
- Seresto flea and tick collar
- Natural Care Flea and Tick Spray
- Premium Flea and Tick Collar
- Program Green for Cats