Owning pets means you’re always at risk from a bit of a flea infestation, whether that’s through some wandering kitties or through your dog making friends at the park. At the end of the day, it’s unfortunately extremely easy for your tail-wagging, furry friends to pick up fleas.
If you manage to catch the fleas early enough, you can usually deal with them using just a simple pack of flea drops to are applied to the base of your pet’s neck.
But sometimes, you notice a bit too late and before you know it, your house is covered in fleas. Even if that doesn’t happen, it’s best to play it safe and protect all of your houses from any escapee fleas – we all know that they tend to evacuate once the flea drops are applied. Use the best flea spray for carpets and apply liberally to your carpets and soft furnishings.
Best Flea Spray For Carpets
- United States
This handy dandy tick and flea spray not only works for those dastardly devils that your dogs bring home, but can also kill a whole host of other critters (and their eggs) that may have found their way into your home.
- Duration of Effectivity: Supposedly keeps working up to 7 months.
- Ingredients: Nylar and Permethrin
- Why We Recommend: Also kills ticks, silverfish, ants, and other insects.
This includes roaches, silverfish, tiny ticks, and quite a few other insects too, not to mention, one of the ingredients in this spray is Precor, which works as an insect growth regulator – so not only will this eliminate living bugs – but it will halt the development of any eggs that could be hiding out, just waiting to hatch.
Feel confident in using this all over your home, from spraying your carpets down, to your tablecloths – and if you’re worried about stains, or that nasty “bug spray” smell, worry not, my dear pooch owning friends! Because not only is this spray stain-free, but it also smells pretty much like your average air-freshener – so your house can be big free, and smelling fresh as a daisy too!
You may need to apply a thick coat across your house, so you’ll probably need two bottles just in case, rather than just one, but if it works, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- Long lasting.
- Ready to Use.
- Can be used as a concentrate.
- Fresh Linen Scent.
- Water Based.
- Contains Precor – prevents hatching eggs from growing into adults.
- Isn’t safe for plants.
- Some customers have reported that it doesn’t last 7 months, but still works for shorter periods.
- Others claim that it doesn’t affect smaller fleas, or that it only briefly slows down fleas.
- Kills fleas, ticks, flea eggs, and flea larvae in your home
- A single can covers 2,000 square feet
- One treatment protects for 7 months after treatment, keeping home pest free
- Leaves no lingering odors, no stains, and no sticky mess
- For home use only; do not spray directly on pets
An incredibly effective carpet flea spray that not only works fast to kill pretty much any creepy crawly but is also as safe as can be to use.
- Duration of Effectivity: Supposed to last up to 7 months
- Ingredients: Insect Growth Regulator (IGR), Methoprene, Etofenprox, Prallethrin, No-octyl Bicycloheptene Dicarboximide.
- Why We Recommend: A single can covers 2000sq ft!
While this product might not smell like fresh sheets, like previous product we mentioned; it does benefit from having pretty much no odor when sprayed, and the smell it does have – quickly dissipates which is still a major plus.
Also, unlike some sprays on the market, this flea and tick spray from Adams doesn’t leave a sticky residue on sprayed surfaces.
For those with incredibly sensitive skin, spraying bug killer can be a big worry, and in some cases – downright painful. This carpet flea spray seems to work very well for those at the mercy of sensitive skin and hasn’t shown to cause any pain or discomfort.
Very easy to use, no mixing, just shake your can and start spraying! Suitable for use on wooden furniture, soft furnishings, and carpets!
- One bottle can cover up to 2,000 square feet.
- Breaks the flea life cycle.
- No lingering odour.
- No stains.
- No sticky residue.
- Kills more than just adult fleas – carpet beetles, spiders, larvae, hatching flea eggs, roaches, ants, waterbugs, silverfish, sowbugs, crickets.
- A lot of customers claim that whilst the treatment does tend to work, it doesn’t work as well as the listing claims.
- Can trigger seizures in animals that are prone to them.
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact, repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that's powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home! A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
No chemicals – so it’s so safe that you can use directly on your pets and yourself, as well as your home. And unlike the normal one hour waiting time that you find with many chemical laden sprays on the market – after it’s first applied, it’s completely safe!
- Duration of Effectivity: Repeat 2-3 times a week
- Ingredients: Cedar Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lemongrass Oil, Sesame Oil, Water, Polyglyceryl Oleate, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Ethyl Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.
- Why We Recommend: It’s 100% natural – how can you beat that?
As well as being “nasty smell free” Wondercide Flea and Tick and Mosquito Control Spray also comes in a whole host of scents that intend to make the treatment a more pleasant experience for your household.
Having guests over soon and wanting to rid your home of those nasty little fleas once and for all? Just choose between the entrancing lemongrass, cedar, rosemary, or peppermint versions of Wondercide to ensure a spic and span home that doesn’t smell like a bug bomb just went off!
It also eliminates more than just adult fleas, but their eggs and larvae too – it can kill the population within hours, way less than a few days. But you may want to still play it safe with preventative measures, which this product can do!
- Organically produced – all ingredients are naturally derived
- No chemicals!
- Four Different Scents: Cedar, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Peppermint
- Doesn’t involve anything going into your pet’s bloodstream to treat your pet
- Can be used for both your home and pets!
- It stops itching by soothing your pet’s skin and leaves them with a fresh smelling coat.
- No stains on your pets, furniture or flooring.
- No toxic effects on pets or children – you could even use it directly onto yourself.
- Preventative as well as a treatment.
- Some claim that it doesn’t work on ticks, despite its effectiveness on fleas.
- Others also claim that it doesn’t work at all on fleas.
- There have been reports that the smell is quite overwhelmingly strong.
- The overall cons seem to be linked to product’s change in formula since it was first released – that being said, the product still has overwhelmingly positive reviews of its effectivity along with its natural ingredients.
- FIGHT FLEAS & TICKS NATURALLY Made with 100% natural ingredients, our tick and flea control spray keeps your pets and your family safe from toxins, poisons and harsh chemicals
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION Our blend of premium essential oils and extracts keeps pests away with their scent for effective flea and tick prevention for dogs and cats
- PREMIUM QUALITY We manufacture our flea & tick spray in the USA to ensure that it is of the absolute best quality
- A WONDERFUL SCENT Unlike an ordinary chemical cat flea treatment or dog tick treatment, our flea & tick spray has a pleasing scent that you'll love
- EASY TO USE Our tick and flea spray comes in an easy-to-squeeze spray bottle for fast application wherever you need it
Whilst we always recommend doing allergy tests before commencing any kind of treatment, the 100% natural ingredients of this flea and tick spray – make it safe to use for most pets and humans. So this could be a great choice for pet owners with sensitive skin, or especially for those with children suffering from eczema.
- Duration of Effectivity: 100% naturally derived ingredients
- Ingredients: Apply every 2-3 days for prevention
- Why We Recommend: Another completely natural product, with essential oils.
By golly, if the fact that Dr. GreenPet uses only natural ingredients wasn’t already enough for you, you’ll be pleased to hear that this spray smells delightful – you wouldn’t expect to hear that about a flea spray, would you?!
Well, with added essential oils including cedar oil, peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, and clove oil which are not only known to not be great for ridding your home from bugs, and great for your own health – but you can bet they’re going to make your home smell like Santa’s Workshop too!
It’s also simple to use and ready to go! It’s in an easy to squeeze spray bottle which makes it great for a quick and easy application to get rid of those pesky fleas.
- Suitable for direct application to pets as well as the house.
- Appealing scent – no chemical smell.
- Safe for the family home – no exposure to dangerous toxins and poisons.
- Effective on both fleas and ticks.
- Designed to be stain-free.
- Cannot be used on animals under 12 weeks.
- Some customers claim that it is only effective for a few days before the fleas become a problem again.
- Others argue that is only effective with fleas and not ticks.
- Dogs have also been reported to dislike the smell.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray kills fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, ticks and mosquitoes by contact without harsh chemicals
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older
This home use flea and tick spray is made in the USA, using all natural ingredients, designed to be completely safe to use in your home, for your pets, and your family.
- Duration of Effectivity: Apply every 12 weeks
- Ingredients: Peppermint Oil, Eugenol (from Clove Plants), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (plant-derived), Water, Sodium Benzoate
A great choice to rid your home of adult fleas and ticks, as well as their eggs, this is an exceptional choice for the pet owner that happens to have a large collection of plants.
With plant-safe ingredients, you can be comfortable using this even around your prized succulents!
It’s hard not to support any product that is 100% natural. Overall, the reviews of this product are largely in its favour, saying that appropriate application to the house and pets will help get rid of any unwanted guests in your home of the bug kind. It also repels mosquitos, which is fantastic news, as I think that we can all agree – mosquito bites are the worst.
Use directly on your dog’s bedding, on your couch, blankets, and even pillows. And don’t worry about it causing damage to any soft furnishings because whilst it is super effective on fleas, it’s also incredibly gentle on surfaces such as hardwood flooring.
- Kills fleas, flea eggs, and ticks.
- 100% natural plant-based ingredients.
- Not harmful to plants.
- Safe to use all over the family home – won’t cause any problems to your family or pets.
- No stains!
- The special cap prevents leakages.
- Can be used outdoors and indoors.
- Only a fine mist is necessary to apply for adequate protection.
- Avoid contact with skin – it’s not meant for direct application to humans.
- Can’t be used on dogs under 12 weeks.
- There are some customers who have reported that the spray hasn’t been effective on their pets.
Looking at all of the products, we think that Vet’s Best Flea Spray is your best bet of ridding your home – and protecting it – from villainous pests that harass not only you – but your four-legged family members!
Also, how can you beat a 100% natural product, that is great in dealing with soft furnishings producing no stains, all whilst being completely effective? You can’t argue with that, can you?!
It’s 100% safe for the family home and for your pets, yet able to catch those more sneaky critters who will try to hide from the spray. A second spray will help eradicate them for definite – very little effort for a very easy life.
TOP TIP – To check if you’re suffering from a flea infestation, place a shallow dish filled with water in the centre of a carpeted area. Add one or two teaspoons of dish soap and mix through the water. Now leave the dish in place overnight, in the morning – if you spot small specks in the water; you likely have a flea problem.
Best Flea Spray For Carpets
Check out our review of the best flea spray for carpets available on the market today.
- Adams Plus
- Dr. GreenPet
- Vet's Best