Keeping your family off the screen can be a tough task with the variety of entertainment channels available. But, you agree that face time with your kids is essential in building a strong family bond. On this note, you want to keep your family engaged by providing the best family board games.
One of the most popular ones is Monopoly. If you are looking for something different with more challenges for your family, the good thing is that there are hundreds or family board games that you can try. The task, though; is to find the best one for every member of your family.
Family board games enhance the interaction between you, the kids and other members of the family. The fact that these games keep the mind racing makes them ideal for young to older kids. The following are some of the best family games that you and your family can enjoy on game nights and random afternoons.
Best Family Board Games
$17.97 in stock
1 used from $12.06
- Play a card from your hand, and place a chip on a corresponding space on the game board - when you have five in a row, it’s a SEQUENCE
- Each player or team tries to score the required number of five-card SEQUENCES before their opponents
- Easy enough for children, challenging for adults!
- Exciting gameplay develops STEM skills like strategy
- For 2-12 players, ages 7 and up
The best board games for a family come in a simple design that is easy to figure out for kids. This Sequence game requires you to play a card from your hand and place a chip on a corresponding space on the board. When you manage to put five in a row, it is a sequence.
The game is ideal for individual or group play. It gives every player a challenge to score the required number of five-card sequences to win. It is a suitable game for all ages, and kids from 7 years can play. It is challenging for adults as it is for kids keeping everyone engaged.
The sequence game comes in a jumbo size to fit more players at a seating. Each jumbo set includes a 32” x 27” durable cushioned playing mat. It is one of the fun board games that you can enjoy as a family or a group of friends.
Hasbro Guess Who?
- Features tabletop game boards and game pieces
- Players try to guess each other's mystery character
- For 2 players
- Includes 2 game boards, 48 face cards, 24 mystery cards, 2 scorekeepers, and instructions
- Can you Guess the other player's mystery character
If your family enjoys playing guessing board games, this Hasbro Guess Who game is an ideal choice. It features tabletop game boards and game pieces that make it suitable for a group of friends or family. The players are required to guess each other’s mystery characters to score points.
This version is designed for two players, and it comes with two game boards. The set also includes 48 face cards, 24 mystery cards, and two scorekeepers; each for one player. The game has a set of instructions on how to play the game for beginners.
Kids can play this game by asking questions about each other’s mystery character. It is a great brainstorming game that can help improve your child’s creativity. You can also play the guessing game with your child for fun family times.
$10.89 in stock
- 1. Super Fun Party Game: Code names is a fun game for any type of get together,It is very easy to learn and suitable for all ages. This is something you can play with your family or friends, it would even be useful as "team building" at work. A fun, word-based game for social evenings with friends and new acquaintances or team building events.
- 2. Durable Cards,Portable Game: Our cards are designed to be played over and over with our durable, high-quality paper and lamination. They stand the test of time.Its take-anywhere size is great for parties, sleepovers, road trips, flights, picnics, and summer camps. It's not just a tabletop game - take the laughter with you wherever you go!
- 3. Great Gift: this is an ideal gift and enjoyable way to bring your family together through meaningful conversations!Ideal for family or friend reunions, road trips, game nights, holiday gatherings like Christmas or Thanksgiving, team building activities at work.
- 4. Healthy relationships: Kids will unplug and put down their phones.kids will find hilarious while distracted from their screens,Gather everyone and spend some fun quality family time.
- 5. What you get: 1 Timer,1 rulebook,40 key cards,1 card stand,1 assassin card,1 double agent card,7 innocent bystander cards,16 agent cards in two colors,200 cards with 400 codenames.
If you are looking for an appropriate game for teenagers, this one from Czech Games is an ideal choice. It is designed for kids 14 years and is a social word game that is challenging for the players.
The set comes with two rival spymasters that know the secret identities of 25 agents. The players, on the other hand, know the agents only by their codenames. The participants compete to see who can make contact with all their agents first and get all the names right.
The twist of the game is that spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board. The players then try to guess the words of the right color while ensuring they do not point out to their opponent’s names. It is one of the best family board games where winning or losing is fun for all players.
Hasbro Candy Land
- CLASSIC BEGINNER GAME: Do you remember playing Candy Land when you were a kid? Introduce new generations to this sweet kids' board game
- RACE TO THE CASTLE: Players encounter all kinds of "delicious" surprises as they move their cute gingerbread man pawn around the path in a race to the castle
- NO READING REQUIRED TO PLAY: For kids ages 3 and up, Candy Land can be a great game for kids who haven't learned how to read yet
- GREAT GAME FOR LITTLE ONES: The Candy Land board game features colored cards, sweet destinations, and fun illustrations that kids love
Popular family board games often leave out toddlers and young kids. If you are looking for a game that your 3-year old child can engage it, then this Gaming Candy Board Game from Hasbro is a great choice. It is an adventurous game for your little one and encourages learning from an early age.
It is a suitable game for kids that haven’t learned how to read and involves them to find delicious surprises as they move the gingerbread. The game features colored cards, sweet destinations, and fun illustrations that are attractive to young kids.
This set comes with a game board, four pawns, card deck, and instruction on how to play. You can teach your child how to play this game and keep them busy for hours.
Hasbro Connect 4
- Classic Connect 4 game is disc dropping fun
- Choose yellow or red discs. For 2 players
- When you get 4 discs in a row you win
- Includes grid, 2 legs, slider bar, 21 red discs, 21 yellow discs and instructions
This connect game is an ideal choice for kids and adults. It comes in a simple design that requires you to line up discs in a row where attaining four of those in a single row makes you a winner. The game comes with yellow and red discs and is designed for two players.
If you pick the red discs, you are required to arrange them diagonally or vertically and connect four discs in a row to win. This game encourages creative thinking where each player has to figure out where to place their discs. The challenge in this game is that you do not arrange the discs on the holes provided. You are required to drop each disc from the top and align them as they fit into the holes.
This connect game set comes with a grid, two legs, a slider bar, 21 red discs, 21 red discs and a set of instructions. It is ideal for kids above four years.
- Ditch the TV, and re ignite family night with the get together amusement of a Hasbro game
- Party it up, and surprise guests at your next event with laugh out loud game from Hasbro gaming
- Nostalgic tabletop gameplay meets interactive digital content for an immersive gaming experience
- Hasbro gaming imagines and produces games that are perfect for every age, taste, and event
- Includes game board, 12 Sorry Pawns, 44 cards, and instructions
This is one of the fun family board games that you can play to distract everyone from screen time. It is an ideal choice for game nights and involves both kids and adults for fun moments. The Sorry game requires you to slide, collide, and score to win.
A player is required to draw cards to see how far they can get to move pawns on the board. If you land on a slide, you can zip to the end and bump your opponent’s pawns. You are then required to jump over pawns and hide in your safety zone while acquiring powers with the two power-up tokens.
You have to keep on moving and bumping to get all three of your pawns from your color ‘start’ to your color ‘home.’ However, you have to watch out because if your opponent bumps on you, it means you have to start all over again.
$11.69 in stock
1 used from $11.11
- Rubik's Race game challenges you to match patterns with your tiles
- Shake the scrambler to create a new pattern. Classic game and other ways to play
- Use a Rubik's Cube (sold separately) to create patterns instead of the scrambler
- Customize your play
- Game base (2 pieces) comes with frame, 48 colored tiles, scrambler and 9 colored cubes.
This Rubik’s game is one of the top board games that everyone in the family can enjoy playing. It creates a challenge where you have to race against other players to slide your colored Rubik’s tiles and match the pattern shown on the scrambler.
The game is as easy as shaking it to create a new, nine-tile Rubik’s pattern. Next, you have to slide the tiles to match the pattern on your board to the pattern shown on the scrambler. The first player to complete the match and slam down the center wins.
This set comes with a game base and a frame, which are the main components of the game. Also, it has 48 colored tiles, a scrambler, and nine mini cubes. The instructions provided can help you as a beginner to enjoy fun moments with family and friends.
$40.30 in stock
- STRATEGY GAME: Trade, build and settle the Island of CATAN in this addictively fun strategy game previously called Settlers of CATAN. Players control their own civilization and look to spread across a modular hex board in a competition for victory points.
- FUN GAME WITH COUNTLESS REPLAY OPPORTUNITIES: The completely variable board provides great value through nearly limitless replayability. You will never have to play the same game twice. Looking for new adventures? Try CATAN expansions (Note: Expansions require CATAN base game to play).
- BUILD AND/OR JOIN A COMMUNITY: Whether you play as a family, a board game group, or via video conference as you stay at home, CATAN is a social game that provides plenty of opportunities for player interaction. You may even find yourself exploring the exciting world of CATAN tournaments.
- MINUTES TO LEARN AND A LIFETIME TO EXPLORE: The basics of CATAN can be learned in just minutes, but it offers enough depth to remain compelling as you explore strategies and tactics for years to come.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This family and adult board game can be played with 3 or 4 players. We also offer CATAN extension packs for 5-6 players as separate items. The average playtime is 60 minutes.
This 60-minute board game is one of the best family games. It provides replay value and does not lose its challenging aspects after playing it severally. The game works well for 3 to 4 players and can keep you all engaged for up to an hour.
The game seeks to enhance your tactical skills, requiring you to create a strategy to win. At the start, each player places two small houses on points where the terrain hexes meet. A player that owns a settlement adjacent to a terrain hex receives a resource produced by this hex.
You can build roads and new settlements or upgrade existing ones to cities. If you do this cleverly, you can reach ten victory points and win the game. This board game is recommended for ages 10 and up.
$15.93 in stock
3 used from $13.54
- Contains vinyl twister mat
- Includes fully assembled spinner and instructions
- Fun party game for all ages
With this twister game, your parties will never be the same again. The game is played in a large plastic mat spread on the floor. The mat is a board game in itself and is the main component of the game. On the mat are four rows of large colored circles with a different color on each row. These are in red, blue, yellow and green.
It has a spinner that is divided into four labeled sections. These include right foot, left foot, right hand, and left hand. Each of this section is then divided into the four colors. After spinning, the combination is called let’s say left foot yellow and the player moves their matching hand or foot to a dot on the correct color.
This game has no limit to the number of participants. It is ideal for all ages and works well as a party game for everyone. It includes a fully assembled spinner and instructions.
- Perfect strategy game for the whole family – less than a minute to learn with fun challenges for all ages!
- Players take turns placing their 21 pieces on the board: each piece must touch another of the same color, but only at the corners!
- Stake your claim and protect your territory by fitting as many of your pieces on the board as possible while strategically blocking your opponents!
- The game ends when no more pieces can be placed down, and the player with the lowest number remaining wins!
If you are looking for the best new family games, you can include this Blokus Strategy Game from Mattel Games. It is a perfect strategy game that everyone in the family can enjoy playing. It is easy to figure out how to play and features fun challenges for all ages.
Participants take turns by placing their 21 pieces on the board. The trick is that each piece must touch another of the same color but only at the corners. The fun begins when you have to protect your territory by fitting as many of your pieces on the board as possible while blocking your opponents.
The blokus game ends when you have placed all the pieces on the board. The layer with the least number of pieces remaining wins the challenge. It can be a thoughtful gift for Blokus fans.
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
- Each player gets a unique role: A Werewolf, Seer, Troublemaker, or another, all with special abilities
- After a secret night phase that includes changing roles, players have just 5 minutes to find a Werewolf
- Includes a free iOS/Android app that makes playing incredibly engaging and addictive
- May be combined with One Night Ultimate Werewolf Daybreak and One Night Ultimate Vampire for epic battles
- 3 10 players, Ages 8 and up
This is one of the top board games for kids that adults can enjoy playing as well. It is easy to play for everyone and poses a challenge to every player. Each player gets a unique role with special abilities. Some of these characters include Seer, Troublemaker, Robber, Tanner, Minion, and Werewolf.
With all these characters, the game allows multiple players making it one of the fun board games for parties. Each player is given a single card that they view secretly giving them the power to assist the Villager or Werewolf team. The game comes with a set of rules that helps you figure out the characters in each group.
It comes with a free app that walks you through the night phase in minutes. You have five minutes to discuss what happened at night and figure out who the werewolves are. If you find a werewolf, you win. If you don’t, the other team wins.
$107.99 in stock
5 used from $92.84
- For 1-4 players; ages 12 plus; 60-120 minute playing time
- An award winning game of Euro-inspired tactical Combat in a persistent world of shifting motive
- Over 200 hours of gameplay
This family board game suits 1 to 4 players and has a 60-120 minute playing time. It is one of the top board games for a family setting or a group of friends. The game is euro-inspired in a persistent world of shifting motives. It requires players to take on the role fwandering mercenary with their skills. Also, it needs every player to have reasons for traveling to the remote corner of the world.
Players must work together out of necessity to clear out menacing dungeons and forgotten ruins. In this process, they will enhance their abilities with experience and loot to discover new locations to explore. The plot of this game makes it ideal for many game sessions with a different story each time.
3 used from $15.07
- A twist on the classic battleship game: This battleship game features airplanes in addition to Ships for awesome strategic gameplay and epic battles
- Sink Ships and crash Planes: with this edition, fans of the battleship game can crash enemy Planes in addition to sinking Ships to win
- Portable Game: the battleship game includes 2 portable battle cases so players can take it with them, and Dive into an instant game on the go
- A childhood favorite: remember playing the battleship game as a kid. Kids and adults can enjoy playing this entertaining game together. It's also a great strategy game. Play it in the classroom
- Convenient storage: The game has convenient ship, plane, and peg storage on the side of the ocean grid
This game features a twist on the classic battleship game with the addition of airplanes to ships for strategic gameplay and epic battles. With this game, battleship fans can crush enemy planes in addition to sinking ships to win.
One of the features you will love about this game is its portability. You can pack it up for vacations or trips away from home and keep your family entertained from anywhere. It is a childhood favorite for people that played the battleship as kids.
This version works well for both adults and kids and helps to build creativity while strategizing. Your kids can carry it to school and play with their peers for fun challenges. It comes with convenient storage to ensure each component is safe.
- Buy, sell, dream and scheme your way to riches
- Players buy, sell and trade to win
- Build houses and hotels on your properties and bankrupt your opponents to win it all
- Chance and Community Chest cards can change everything
- Includes gameboard, 8 Tokens, 28 Title Deed Cards, 16 Chance Cards, 16 Community Chest Cards, 32 Houses, 12 Hotels, 2 Dice, Money Pack and Game Guide
If you love monopoly games, then it is time you got your hands on this classic game from Hasbro. It is a fast-dealing property trading game where players buy, sell, and scheme their way to riches. This version of the Monopoly game welcomes the Rubber Ducky, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Penguin into the family of tokens.
You need to choose your token, place it on ‘GO’ and roll the dice. This speed game will have your heart racing up to buy at every location. Players collect as many properties as they can and make deals to get color sets. You can build houses and hotels on owned properties but the other player will try and bankrupt everyone to win.
Monopoly is one of the popular family board games, but this version will grow your love for Monopoly. The race to buying and selling as many properties will spike fun, making it an enjoyable game for a family or a group of friends.
ThinkFun Zingo Bingo
- Trusted by Families Worldwide - With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world's leading manufacturer of brain games and mind challenging puzzles.
- Develops critical skills – Perfect for pre-readers and early readers, builds language and matching skills in preschool kids through fun, fast-paced play. Zingo is as popular in the classroom with teachers as it is in the home with families!
- What you get - This is the Amazon exclusive version of the world famous game Zingo, one of ThinkFun's best games for kids ages 4 and up, and it includes an extra Zingo card so that up to 7 players can play! Also includes a unique Zinger device that delights players of all ages.
- Clear instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual. You can start playing right away!
- Award winner - Zingo has won many awards including an Oppenheim Gold, Parents' Choice Award, ASTRA Best Toys for Kids Award, and is a three time Toy of the Year Nominee, which makes it a great gift for boys and girls ages 4 and up.
If you are trying to introduce your toddler to the world of numbers, you can get this game that everyone in the family can enjoy playing. It is designed for kids ages 4 and up and can accommodate up to seven players. It comes with an extra Zingo card to make it useful for multiple players.
The game comes with a set of instructions that are easy to follow to guide your child. It is a perfect choice for pre-readers and early readers, whereby it helps to develop critical skills. Additionally, it helps to build up language and matching skills which are essential for toddlers.
Besides being a game for kids, this version encourages playtime with adults as well. As much as it is easy for adults, it helps you to interact with kids better and teach basic language at an early age.
- Version of the popular Clue game for younger kids
- Someone ate the last piece of cake and players try to discover who did it
- The strategy and fun of the classic Clue game
- Featuring Dr. Orchid, a genius biologist with a sweet tooth
- Includes gameboard, 6 character pawns, 6 furniture tokens, 7 white bases, 7 yellow bases, detective notepad, die, label sheet and game guide
This game is designed for young kids and comes with multiple pieces to accommodate up to 6 players. The set includes a game board, six character pawns, six furniture tokens, seven white bases, seven yellow bases, and a detective notepad. Also, it has a label sheet, dial, and a game guide to help kids play as required.
The plot of this game requires players to find the missing cake to win. Players roll the die to see if they can move characters then they look under the characters and the furniture on the board for clues. As the clues are gathered, choices are eliminated until the actual culprit is found.
This game is for kids as young as five years old but can work well as a family game for people with young kids. The fun is in finding out who took the cake, when it was taken and what the person drank along with the cake. The person who figures out all three wins the game.
4 used from $17.84
- CHALLENGING AND FUN KIDS BOARD GAME: Players get to be "the doctor" and make Cavity Sam better or get the buzzer. Easy-grab ailment pieces and large openings help make gameplay fun for kids 6 and up
- SKILL AND COORDINATION: Players use their skill and coordination to remove the patient's "ailments" with the tweezers. Collect the most money by successfully removing the Funatomy parts to win
- INCLUDES DOCTOR CARDS AND SPECIALIST CARDS: Earn money if your removal of the Funatomy part didn't set off the buzzer. If it did, it's not a success and players get to use their Specialist card
- CHILDHOOD MEMORIES: This Operation game with classic gameplay is similar to what many people remember from their childhood. Introduce a new generation to this silly, electronic board game for kids
- FUN AND UNPREDICTABLE GAMEPLAY: The game features a surprising buzzer and a flashing nose when a player hits the sides with the tweezers
This is one of the top board games for kids that adults can enjoy playing as well. It is a challenging game but brings lots of fun for kids from age 6 and up. It features easy-grab ailment pieces and large openings that make it fun for kids.
Players use their skill and coordination to remove the patient’s ailments with the tweezers. You need to collect as much money by successfully removing the parts to win. The game includes doctors’ cards and specialists’ cards to use when eliminating sets off the buzzer. It is an excellent choice for both adults and kids making it one of the best family games.
$15.90 in stock
- The classic quick-draw game since 1985.
- You don’t have to be an artist; in fact, if you “can’t draw,” the game can be even funnier.
- Two levels of clues (120 Adult, 80 Junior) make this a great game for kids and adults.
- Includes two erasable makers, erasable boards for drawing and an updated category of clues.
This game will change your game nights to moments of fun and laughter. It requires you to draw a clue card, sketch it out and get your teammate to guess what you draw. The rules of the game are simple, but the game is hilarious. It does not require drawing skills; in fact, if you can’t draw the funnier it gets.
It comes with two levels of clues that include 120 for adults and 80 for kids. You need to sketch your clue on the included whiteboards that you can erase easily to keep the game going on for rounds. For wins, one team has to out-draw the competition and move around the game board for correct guesses.
It is one of the best new family games that you can play with everyone. It gets everyone into a competitive spirit where every loss is a laughing moment for the players.
Monopoly: Fortnite Edition
- Fortnite fans, this edition of the Monopoly game is inspired by the popular Fortnite video game! It’s not about what players own; it’s about how long they can survive.
- In the Monopoly: Fortnite Edition board game, 2 to 7 players claim locations, battle their opponents, and avoid the Storm to survive; the last player standing wins.
- The Monopoly: Fortnite Edition board game features well-known locations as properties, and players aim to earn Health Point chips instead of Monopoly money to stay in the game.
- Use loot chest items and the action die to battle opponents in this fun board game for Monopoly fans and Fortnite fans, ages 13 and up.
- The game comes with 27 Fortnite outfits with pawn stands, and players can choose to play as their favorite.
This monopoly game is designed for Fortnite fans. It is inspired by the popular Fortnite video game that most people can relate to. The game is not about what the players own but how long they can survive. In the monopoly, two to seven players claim locations. They then battle their opponents and avoid the storm to survive.
The last player standing wins the game. The game features popular locations as properties and players earn Health Points Chips instead of monopoly money to stay in the game. You need to use loot chest items and the action-die to battle opponents in this fun board game.
It is an excellent choice for ages 13 and up and encourages critical thinking to win. The game comes with 27 Fortnite outfits with pawn stands allowing players to choose their favorite.
$23.99 in stock
- TACTICAL STRATEGY: Featuring a massive amount of in game choices, including 3 tiles each of 36 possible color symbol combinations, Qwirkle is the perfect game to hone player's tactical maneuvers, strategical planning, and forward thinking. Will you see the monolithic move that catapults you into first place.
- EASY TO FOLLOW RULES: An engaging game with easy to follow rules, Qwirkle is great for younger players. The rules of the game are basic: Simply build lines by matching tiles based on either color or shape, and score points for doing so. However, the ability to build complex combinations will keep children interested and engaged, and challenge them mentally
- GAMES THAT TEACH: Qwirkle is playable from early ages up, allowing young children and older individuals alike to develop and hone their spacial recognition, planning, and problem solving skills. Plan, win, and learn simultaneously
- FAMILY FAVORITE: Qwirkle is a fantastic game for families, as it can involve a wide range of ages, from children to adults. It only takes a few moments to explain, so new players such as extended family or your child's play dates can jump right in and play
- INCLUDES: Product comes with 108 wooden Qwirkle tiles, 1 drawstring bag, 1 rule book
This is a tactical board game that kids and adults can enjoy playing for hours. The game features a massive amount of in-game choices that include three tiles each of 36 possible color-symbol combinations. It is the perfect game to hone player’s tactical maneuvers, forward-thinking, and strategic planning.
The game has easy-to-follow rules that every player can understand before starting. It is therefore great for young players that love tactical board games. It needs you to build lines by matching tiles based on either color or shape. This scores you points getting you closer to the win.
The game is one of the few that helps you teach your child. It allows young children to grow their problem-solving skills, enhance special recognition, and encourage planning as part of the game. It is one of the top board games for kids and adults.
5 Second Rule Junior
$13.70 in stock
- A family version of the popular party game
- Read a card and give an answer. But you have to do it in 5 seconds
- Silly answers are sure to slip out, and the whole family will have fun with this easily-played game
- Includes 400 Questions on 200 Cards, 6 Pawns, 5-Second Twisted Timer, Game Board, Rules
If you are looking for a game that will keep your young children engaged, this one from PlayMonster is an ideal choice. The set comes with cards that pose challenges for kids to identify specific items on the card. The fun bit is that you have to name the item before 5 seconds elapse. This creates fun for the whole family where a wrong answer will crack you all up in laughter.
Can you quickly name three farm animals in less than five seconds? This, among other questions, builds up the fun in playing this game. You need to keep the score per player as you move around the board to determine who wins for that particular round.
With this game, you are sure to slip out silly answers that will leave everyone laughing. The game comes with 400 questions on 200 cards, six pawns, 5-second timer, a game board and a set of rules.
$12.29 in stock
- My First Monopoly Game: the classic game for younger players
- Adorable Junior Tokens: play with classic tokens before they grew up
- Fun, Kid-Friendly Properties: buy cool properties such as the pet store, the candy store, and the video game arcade
- Fast, Fun, and Simple to Play: easy rules use single dollar bills for simple transactions
- Includes: Gameboard, 4 tokens, 20 chance cards, 48 sold signs, 90 banknotes, 4 character cards, and 1 die
It is essential to find the best family board games that young kids can enjoy playing. This monopoly game from Hasbro is a junior version that your child can easily understand and enjoy hours of fun. It requires kids to play with classic tokens.
It includes fun, kid-friendly properties that the child can buy from. These include a pet store, a candy store, and the video game arcade. It is a fast game that you and the kids can compete to win. You only need to use single dollar bills for simple transactions.
This game comes as a full set for easy use. It includes four tokens, 20 chance cards, 48 sold signs, 90 banknotes, four character cards, and one die. It suits players from ages 5 up and can work well for two to four players at a time.
$8.99 in stock
- Features a card-revealing mirror
- Who committed the murder in the mansion?
- Eliminate the suspects and discover whodunit, with what and where
- The mirror reveals the 3 answer cards
- Includes gameboard, card-revealing mirror, 6 character tokens, 6 miniature weapons, 30 cards (6 character cards, 6 weapon cards, 9 room cards, and 9 clue cards), pad of detective notebook sheets, 2 dice, and game rules. Ages 8 and up. For 2 to 6 players.
The best board games are those that each player has to make wild guesses following the clues provided. This Clue Game from Hasbro comes in a standard style that requires players to find out who committed murder in the mansion. It is a great strategy game where you have to think critically to find the answer.
The game needs you to eliminate the suspects and discover whodunit, with what and where. This is the challenging part of the game where each player has to do their best to win. The mirror included reveals three answer cards showing a possible answer.
The package comes with a game board, a card- revealing mirror, six character tokens, 30 cards, six miniature weapons, six cards, nine room cards, and nine clue cards. It also has a pad of detective notebook sheets, two dice, and game rules. It is best suited for ages eight up and can accommodate two to six players.
$11.96 in stock
- Telestrations "The Original" for 8 players is what got the party started!
- Over 1,700 words, 8 erasable sketch books, 8 dry erase markers, 8 clean-up cloths
- Perfect for families, small parties or friends; LOL fun for everyone!
- Award Winning Party Game - great ice breaker. Playing time - 30 to 60 minutes
- No Drawing Skills Required; Stick figures & sense of humor welcome!
This board game has everything you need to keep cold nights fun and enjoyable for everyone. Finding fun family board games can be challenging, especially when looking for those that favor playing with children. This game is an excellent choice for a family setting or a group of friends.
It can be a great ice breaker in parties or an interactive game for get-together family functions. Each player starts with an erasable sketchbook, marker, and word card. A roll of the die determines each player’s secret word after which the timer starts and everyone draws their word.
After 60 seconds, everyone passes their book to the player on their left, allowing each player to guess what they see. This cycle continues until the sketchbook returns to its original owner to reveal miscommunicated words.
Betrayal At House On The Hill
- Tile by tile, terror by terror, build your own haunted mansion - and then try to escape it alive.
- With 50 blood-curdling scenarios, each trip to the house on the hill promises fresh horrors.
- Players must work together to survive the nightmare.
- Except for 1 player who becomes the traitor.
- 3–6 players, ages 12 plus, 60 min per game (high reliability)
If you are looking for the best new family games, you can add this version to your collection. It is designed for older kids and adults hence an ideal choice for family game nights. The game can comfortably accommodate up to 6 players with a minimum of 3 per round. It takes about an hour per round, giving you loads of fun with friends and family.
It is a cooperative game that creates suspense among players. It provides a new experience almost every time you play, making it useful for parties and family gatherings. The board game features multiple scenarios, a different layout with every game to give you a new experience for added fun.
$15.56 in stock
- Fast-thinking categories game
- Be different to win points
- More than 3,500 category combinations
- Play up to 6 players or teams
- Includes 6 folders, answer pad, 20-sided die, 48 category cards, timer, and instructions
This game requires a player to think fast to win. The game requires players to letter the die, flip the sand timer and race against the clock to come up with answers to every category on the list. This gets you points for writing down the answers that no other player did. The more creative solutions you provide, the more points you get.
The 20 sided letter die shakes up the game for more fun. It includes more than 3500 category combinations making it enjoyable every other time. It can work well for ages 12 and up and involves two to six players per round.
Rolling the die determines which letter your answer should begin with. For example, if the die rolls and turns up the letter ‘S’ players should start the timer and write down answers to things listed on the card; each beginning with the letter. The player with the highest score wins the game.
The Game of Life
4 used from $17.59
- Great family game: Do you remember playing this classic Hasbro board game from your childhood,with instant setup and easy play, this exclusive edition is great fun to play when the family is together
- Life is full of adventures: This edition of the game of life game includes 115 cards offering exciting choices As players move through the twists and turns of life
- Choose an interesting career: Players can choose from 31 Career cards featuring unusual or quirky careers such as ice cream flavor Maker or a secret Agent
- Choose an awesome vacation: Take a ski trip, a safari, or go snorkeling in a coral Reef Choose an awesome vacation from adventurous to relaxing
- Play spin to win: Who's bound for instant wealth and fortune. Play spin to win and find out. At the end, players pay debts, add up the wealth, and whoever has the most money at the end of the game wins
If you played classic Hasbro board as a kid, you would love this exclusive edition. It is an excellent choice for a family that is looking for the best new family games. It is easy to set up and play favoring kids ages 8 and up.
The game includes 115 cards that feature interesting choices as players move through the twists and turns of life. It allows each player to choose an exciting career from the 31 career cards. Some careers include ice cream flavor maker, secret agent among other quirky professions.
You can choose a vacation such as a ski trip, a safari, or go snorkeling as part of the game. Additionally, you can play spin to win whereby at the end players pay debts, add up wealth leaving the winner as the player with the most money.
Monopoly Ultimate Banking
2 used from $19.08
- Instant transactions and cashless gameplay
- Introducing Event cards for an exciting game
- Property values rise and fall
- Tap technology makes the game fast and fun
- Bank cards track players' wealth
If you are looking to add a new game to your board games collection, this one from Hasbro is an ideal choice. This is an upgraded version of most monopoly games that you can challenge your family and friends to play. The game presents a banking version where there is no monopoly money. Instead, it features a banking unit with touch technology.
The game requires players to buy properties, set rent, and tap their way into a fortune. You can make instant transactions with the banking unit; building your wealth. Each player starts with money on a bank card when the card is placed on the ultimate banking unit.
Players are required to tap, and the unit will automatically calculate a player’s worth and tell players whether they have money to pay debts or buy a property. You win by bankrupting opponents whereby the unit calculates finishing positions using total money and property value.
Gamewright Forbidden Island
$18.78 in stock
1 used from $12.20
- 2010 Mensa Favorite Brainy Games Winner
- Join a team of fearless adventurers on a do-or-die mission to capture four sacred treasures from the ruins of this perilous paradise
- 2 to 4 players
- Strategic thinking, problem solving and cooperation required
- Ages 10 and up
This is one of the best board games that require players to join teams to compete. It is ideal for families or groups of friends. The game takes you on an adventure to recover treasures buries deep in the ruins of an island.
You will need to coordinate with your teammates and use every resource to survive the high tides and sinking. Once you find the treasures, you can then escape before all hell breaks loose. Players take the roles of brave adventurers who must take caution when maneuvering the island before sinking.
This game is designed to suit players from ages 10 up and requires two to four players per round. It can be a great game to stimulate problem-solving and strategic skills when finding treasures.
$22.49 in stock
2 used from $20.69
- STRATEGY GAME: Compete to build Renaissance Europe’s most lucrative and prestigious jewelry business. As a wealthy merchant, acquire mines and transportation, hire artisans and woo the nobility. Create the most fantastic jewelry to become the best-known merchant of them all!
- FUN AND FRIENDLY COMPETITION: Players vie for control of gem mines, trade routes, and storefronts to master the gem trade and attract the attention of nobles. By accruing more ways to produce gems, players work to accumulate victory points in a race for prestige and power.
- COUNTLESS REPLAY OPPORTUNITES: Fast and intuitive, this strategy game is a fun game for game nights. The completely variable setup provides nearly limitless replayability. LOOKING FOR NEW ADVENTURES? Try Cities of Splendor Expansion (Note: this Expansion requires Base Game to play).
- EASY TO LEARN: While Splendor is quick to learn it offers a different challenge everytime. Collect raw gems in the form of unique poker-like tokens. Use those to acquire cards with mines, boats, caravans and even guild storefronts throughout the world.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This family and adult card game can be played with 2 to 4 players and is suitable for ages 10 and up. The average playtime is 30 minutes.
If you are looking for fun board games, this one from Asmodee is an excellent choice. You can add this to your collection and improve your game nights with the family. Players begin the game by collecting gem tokens. If you manage to bring just the right jewels, a noble patron will take you under their wing.
The game has simple rules that you can follow to play quickly. It comes with a streamlined set collection of mechanics, making it easy for new gamers. It is easy to learn and provides a challenging puzzle to learn every time.
The game can last up to 30 minutes, keeping you involved in solving the challenges. It is ideal for kids ages 10 and up and can accommodate two to four players per round. It comes with plenty of items to make it enjoyable for every player.
- Fun play experience – In Labyrinth, Ravensburger’s hugely popular board game for boys and girls and their parents, you have to find the shortest route through the Labyrinth to win! The game is for 2-4 players aged 7 and up, and the aim is to reach all your treasures and targets as you move through the Labyrinth.
- High quality components – Contains a playing board, 34 maze cards, 24 treasure cards, 4 playing pieces.
- Easy to understand instructions – High quality, Easy to understand instructions make it easy to start playing right away.
- Great replay value – Playing time is 20-30 minutes for 2-4 players age 7 and up. Labyrinth can be played over and over again and makes a great gift for kids and families.
- For ages 7 and up, players learn cause and effect, planning, association, recognition and taking turns.
If you are looking for a fun board game to enjoy with your family, this particular one will change your game nights. It is designed for both adults and kids and can accommodate two to four players at a time. Kids from ages 7 and up can play this game comfortably.
The game requires players to find the shortest route through the Labyrinth to win. The aim is to reach all the treasures and targets as you move through the Labyrinth. This game comes with a set of instructions that is easy to understand for everyone.
The package comes with high-quality components that include a playing board. Also, it contains 34 maze cards, 24 treasure cards, and four playing pieces. The game can last between 20 to 30 minutes depending on how fast players find the shortest route. You can play this game over and over again and makes a great board game for parties.
- Collect sets of adventurer cards to earn dice
- Roll dice against your foes!
- Choose your strategy carefully, the landscape of Dragonwood is ever-changing
- Playing Time: 20 minutes
- 2 to 4 players
This is one of the best family games that kids can enjoy as much as adults. The game requires each player to either draw a card or attempt to capture a creature or enhancement. Players draw from the adventurer deck that comes with five cards of different colors. They are all numbered 1 to 12, and you are required to form combinations to a strike.
A strike means arranging the cards in a row of any color. You can also form combinations to a stomp which means cards of the same number. A scream is also an option, and it means cards of the same color.
Players roll some dice equal to the number of cards they have of the particular combination. Each of the creatures has different minimum values of a strike, stomp, and scream. The game comes with 108 cards, six custom cards and a set of rules.
$16.80 in stock
- Supports 1 to 6 players, ages 10 and up, for 60 minutes of cooperative fun
- A great "gateway" game for people who haven't played board games in a while
- Fun for people who enjoy a less competitive experience
- Rules variations allow for customization of difficulty
- May be played as a solitaire game
This is one of the best board games that support many players at a time. It requires a maximum number of 6 players making it ideal for a family setting or a group of friends. The game requires the teams to work together to defend their castle from monsters. Killing all the monsters and leaving one tower standing makes the team the winner.
First, you need to get cards and draw up to a full hand. Then play strategy together with your team members. At this point, you can discard or trade cards to tune your hand. Hit the monsters by matching your cards to the board positions of the monsters.
You can move the monsters one space closer to the castle. You should then draw two more monsters and place them in the forest with die rolls. You can play this game for an hour per round hence ideal as a party board game. It is fun for people that enjoy a less competitive experience.
1 used from $15.35
- High quality toys for children all ages
- Made using safe materials
- Tested for quality and durability
- Trivial Pursuit Family Edition game has questions for kids and for adults
- 1,200 questions
This is one of the top board games for kids that adults can have fun playing as well. It comes with high-quality toys for children of all ages. These are made using safe materials, making them suitable for younger kids. The whole set has been tested for quality and durability.
The game features questions for both kids and adults. It has 1,200 questions and different cards for adults and kids. This makes it a fun experience playing with your kids or engaging adults on the same. It is a fast game where people can play in teams or individually. It comes with a game board, 100 blue cards for adults, 100 for kids, and two card holders. It also has six scoring tokens, 36 scoring wedges, die, and instructions.
$26.99 in stock
- STRATEGY GAME - PLAN YOUR WAY TO VICTORY: Develop the landscape of a medieval fortress city one tile at a time. Whether blocking a city's growth or connecting with your opponent’s road to share the points, Carcassonne provides plenty of ways to use your cunning and outsmart your opponents.
- ONE STEP AT A TIME TILE-PLACEMENT GAME: Players fill in the countryside around the medieval fortified city, choosing from tiles that depict cities, roads, monasteries, and fields; each new tile creates an ever-expanding board on which players can then add their followers.
- JACK OF ALL TRADES: Followers can take many different roles (knights, monks, farmers, or thieves) determined by the type of tile on which they're placed. Each role scores points differently, so you'll need careful planning to make the best use of your followers.
- HOW TO ACHIEVE VICTORY: Players score points by having followers on tiles as features are completed. The player who makes the most strategic placements of tiles and followers will score the most points and win the game.
- HIGH REPLAYABILITY: With its simple yet rich game mechanics and eighty-four tiles that can be configured into numerous combinations, Carcassonne appeals to beginners and veteran gamers alike. LOOKING FOR NEW ADVENTURES? Try our many expansions (Note: Expansions require Carcassonne Base Game to play). Average Playtime: 45 minutes.
If you are looking for the best new family games, you can get this one from Z-Man Games. Players can have different roles determined by the type of tile on which they are placed. The characters include Knights, Monks, Farmers, and Thieves. Each of the characters scores points differently, so you need to select which one to take.
Players select tiles that depict Cities, Roads, Monasteries, and fields. Each new tile you place creates an ever-expanding board on which players can add their followers. Players score points by having followers on features as they are completed. The player who makes the most strategic placements of tiles and followers will score the most points and win the game.
USAopoly Clue Harry Potter
- Game board features wheels which move the rooms and reveal secret passages!
- Solve the mystery of a students disappearance from Hogwarts! Ready your magic wand and prepare to solve the mystery across the many rooms of Hogwarts Castle.
- Play as your favorite Harry Potter character - Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood, and Neville Longbottom
- A great board games for families and a perfect gift for Harry Potter fans! Featuring room locations from the Harry Potter books and Harry Potter movies - they have come to life in this Clue game.
- 3-5 Players | Ages 8+ | 30+ Min Play Time
If you are fans of Harry Potter, this board game can be a great choice for your family game nights. The game board features wheels which move the rooms and reveal secret passages. This makes it an interesting one for a family or a group of friends. It requires you to solve the mystery of a student’s disappearance from Hogwarts.
The game features artwork, characters, and items from the Harry Potter movies. The design makes it ideal for Harry Potter fans that can easily relate to the images and characters. Each player can solve the mystery in their favorite Hogwarts locations.
The game suits 3 to 5 players hence ideal for families and friends. It adds on an extra twist to the original clue gameplay making it interesting for a Potter fan. It is challenging, and your family can have fun winning or losing.
No Stress Chess
$9.79 in stock
- Skill Level: Classic
Chess lovers can enjoy playing this game with family and friends. If you have always wanted to learn how to play chess, you can use this No Stress game to figure out how the game goes. It comes with an innovative deck of cards where each depicts a chess piece and how it moves.
Once you learn the moves and powers of each chess piece, you can flip the two-sided board over and play standard chess. It provides the value of having two separate games in one package. The good thing is that it comes with two sets of rules for each side of the board.
The Chess game is a great ice breaker with a group of new friends. The package comes with all the required items for a complete set. It has a two-sided chess board, 17 charcoal pieces, 17 ivory pieces, 56 action cards, a black plastic card tray, and instruction.
$28.99 in stock
- LARGE - 15" x 15" folding chess board for easy game play
- QUALITY - Wooden chess set with inlaid walnut
- STORAGE - Felted interior with straps for storing pieces
- SIZE - 3" King Piece
- STAUNTON - Hand crafted staunton style chess pieces
If you are looking for a board game that your family can play from time to time, chess is always a good idea. It is designed to suit beginners and experienced chess players. The components of the game are made using high-quality wood to ensure durability with regular use. The board folds to a compact size, making it suitable for travel.
The chess board comes with Staunton style pieces which are ideal for everyone regardless of the skill level. The game comes with a set of rules and a helpful guide for beginners. The board has felt straps that help to secure your pieces in place. The hinges lay flat with the board to avoid scratching playing surfaces.
$25.99 in stock
- HOW TO PLAY: If you've ever heard a word that's caused you to spontaneously break into song, then Spontuneous is for you! The rules are simple. Each player writes down several Trigger Words on their Hit List. When it's your turn, you announce a word from your list and flip the timer. The first player to sing at least 5 words from any song containing the Trigger Word gets to advance on the board. Stay alert for those extra musical challenge spaces scattered throughout the board!
- WHOLE FAMILY FUN: Spontuneous is fun for the whole family! Because of the easy game play and 30-minute average play time, this game holds the attention of even the most skeptical game night party goer. Anyone who knows a few songs will excel at Spontuneous, whether a kid, teen, or adult. It's sure to become your next family game night classic!
- FUN FOR ANY SEASON: Spontuneous fits perfectly into any party, trip, or family get-together. Going camping? Unplug for the evening and play around the campfire. At your child's next birthday party, pull Spontuneous out to entertain the kids until the pizza arrives. Bored on a rainy day? Spend your time laughing with your family and friends of any age as you try to think of your next song. Spontuneous can go with you anywhere, from home to your vacation.
- TALENT NOT REQUIRED: Feel shy or awkward about singing? No worries! Spontuneous brings out the star in everyone. Sing it or shout it—there's no vocal talent required to play this game. Knowing some lyrics to the most basic songs, old tunes, or even nursery rhymes is the only thing you need to enjoy this game. You don't even have to name that tune! Just draw on your memory for some music containing the given Trigger Word, and you'll be a winner in no time!
- UNPLUG & INTERACT: Spontuneous is a fantastic way for large or small groups of families, friends, and more to come together without electronics and spend quality time together. Nothing is better than unplugging and laughing with a group of your favorite people over a board game and making new memories. Choose Spontuneous for your next game night, gathering, or family home night.
This board game is a great choice for all ages, starting from 8 years of age. It is a simple party game that families and friends can enjoy. The game involves reading out a name whereby players need to sing a song containing that name. You do not need any singing skill to play the game. If you cannot sing, you make the game even more interesting for everyone.
The game can accommodate from four to 10 players. Once you hear the word, you need to think of a song that has that specific word in it. For example, if one of the words in the game is ‘heart,’ you can think of a song that has the word to win.
The idea is to burst as many words as you can to win. It is a perfect game for large groups, making it ideal for parties. The best part is that both adults and kids can enjoy making it one of the best family games.
2 used from $13.21
- Get teammates to say the Guess word without saying the forbidden words
- Oops! Say a forbidden word and get the squeaker
- Includes 260 cards; over 1000 Guess words
- Game-changer die lets players change up the game
- Players race against the timer in this fun and fast-paced party game
This is an exciting game for people that love playing with words. It is a guessing game that comes with 1000 words and 260 cards. It is an excellent choice for groups such as families and friends. The game requires you to say the guess-word without saying the forbidden words.
When playing the game, the obvious clues are forbidden. Players are required to race against the timer as they try to give creative and carefully-worded clues. Therefore, it is a speedy game that everyone needs to concentrate and get their mind to think fast.
Players can also play using the game-changer die to mix things up. If it lands on one guesser, then only one teammate can guess when their turn comes. As long as you get creative answers, the squeaker should not put you down.
Plan B Azul
$31.99 in stock
- TILE PLACEMENT GAME: Azul is a tile placement game in which players become artisans tasked with creating the most beautiful tiled mosaics. Compete for the highest score by claiming tiles and arranging them on your board to score points.
- STRATEGY BOARD GAME: Draft tiles from a central market and place them into rows on their boards. Earn extra points by collecting sets of the same color tile and creating particular patterns. Be careful - there are penalties for taking tiles that you can't use.
- COMPETITIVE AND CHALLENGING: Every tile you claim affects what your rivals can take next. Plan carefully to score big points while disrupting your opponents’ plans. You’ll have to make choices that help you without helping them too much!
- EASY TO LEARN: Strategic but simple to learn with subtle depth, Azul is a perfect gateway game for gamers new to board gaming or those looking to expand their collections. Randomized setup and drafting gameplay make Azul infinitely replayable.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This board game for adults and family can be played with 2 to 4 players and is suitable for ages 8 and older. The average playtime is 30 - 45 minutes.
If you are looking for a board game that your older kids can play and learn something from it, this one is a great choice. The game is mind-involving and will have every participant thinking hard. It comes in a multi-colored style that makes it easy to allocate sections.
The package comes with high-quality components to ensure each piece remains in the best quality. This game involves the use of tiles which require players to draft and place them strategically. This is how you score points according to specific placements.
This game starts slowly but spikes up everyone’s reactions as it progresses. It is an excellent icebreaker with a new group of friends. The best part is that everyone will want the opponent to pick tiles that will make them lose some points. It takes one round to teach kids hence suitable for beginners.
Let's Feed The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Fun, colourful and educational board game starring Eric Carle's renowned storybook characters
- Collect puzzle pieces to transform your caterpillar into a unique, beautiful butterfly
- A fun game of counting, collecting and puzzle building
- Encourages decision making and aids the development of fine motor skills
- Perfect for 2-4 players age 3 years and over
This is one of the top board games for kids that like colorful pieces. It requires players to transform a caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly while counting, collecting, and building. This makes it a suitable learning tool for younger kids. It is fun for both kids and adults hence a excellent board game for regular game nights.
The game encourages children to practice decision making by moving any direction on the board. It does not require any reading and works well for kids as young as three years old. The game can accommodate two to four players.
You will love the educative aspect of this game for kids. It helps kids develop their counting skills as part of the game. Also, the child improves coordination as they build their butterfly puzzles. This feature makes it one of the best board games for young kids.
$20.40 in stock
- GAME TO TRAIN THE BRAIN: The Q-bitz game is a great way to say goodbye to boredom and challenge your mind all at once. Practice your symmetry, visual dexterity, quick thinking, and competitive nature. Q-bitz stimulates the brain to use spatial reasoning and memory skill making it perfect for both the classroom and at home.
- THREE WAYS TO PLAY: With Q-bitz, it's not the same game over and over again. You get 80 different puzzle cards that you can compete to complete in 3 different ways. That's over 200 different ways to play. Combine that with different friends and you have a new experience every time.
- COMPREHENSIBLE GAME PLAY: Each game contains three rounds, each round with a different card. Players puzzle over how to recreate the patterns on the game cards using their set of 16 cubes. The first player to match the pattern wins the card. The player with the most cards, wins the game.
- AWARD WINNING FUN: Q-bitz has received accolades including Parent's Choice Gold Award, National Parenting Publications Awards' Nappa Gold. Tillywig Toy Award's Bain Child Award Winner, and the Major Fun Award. You're sure to have a good time challenging your visual agility with Q-bitz.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package contains (1) Q-bitz Game by Mindware. Includes 80 Q-bitz cards, 4 wooden trays, and 4 different colored sets of 16 cubes. Game design by Peggy Brown. Suitable for 2 to 4 players ages 6 years and older.
This is a suitable game to kill boredom and challenge your mind as you play. It helps players to practice symmetry, visual skill, quick thinking and enables you to bring out your competitive nature. It stimulates the brain to use spatial reasoning and memory skills, making it ideal for both school and at home.
This mind game comes with three ways to play. You get 80 different puzzle cards that you can compete to win. With the three methods, these cards give you more than 200 different ways to play the game. When you combine this with different people, you get a new experience each time.
Each game has three rounds with each round using one card. Players are required to recreate the patterns on the game cards using their set of 16 cubes. The first person to match the pattern wins that particular round.
$56.55 in stock
2 used from $49.76
- It is a time of unrest in 1920s Europa. The ashes from the first great war still darken the snow. The capitalistic city-state known simply as “The Factory”, which fueled the war with heavily armored mechs, has closed its doors, drawing the attention of several nearby countries
- Lead your faction to victory, building mechs, working the land, and exploring the mysterious factory, all while protecting your territory from the mechs of other encroaching factions
- Explore the alternate-history of 1920 plus Europe through Jakub Różalski's stunning artwork
- For 1-5 players
- Plays in 90-120 minutes
This board game works well with a group of people. Each player represents a fallen leader attempting to restore their honor. The character is expected to conquer the territory, enlist recruits, reap resources, and gain villages. Additionally, the players need to build structures and activate monstrous miniatures.
Each player begins the game with different resources. Also, they have a specific choice of several fraction abilities and a hidden goal. These give the players complete control over their fate; whether to win or lose the game. The plot of this game is a war field situation with broken hearts, rusted gears, and innovation.
This board game can accommodate one to five players per round, making it useful for a family or a group of friends. Also, it lasts close to two hours hence a great choice for game nights, parties, etc.
$22.95 in stock
1 used from $16.19
- Form runs and sets as you try to play all of your tiles
- Easy to learn, fast-paced game kids and adults can enjoy together
- Develops STEM and STEAM skills like sequencing, pattern recognition, and planning
- Includes high quality tiles with bright over-sized numbers for easy viewing
- For 2-4 players, ages 8 and up
If you are looking for an easy-to-learn, fast-paced board game for kids, you can consider this one from Pressman. It is designed for both kids and adults hence suitable for families and friends. The goal of this game is to use all the tiles in your rack by creating sets on the table.
Each player must have a set that contains at least three tiles to start. The games can be in groups which mean three tiles of the same number in different colors. Also, they can be in runs meaning three or more tiles with consecutive numbers in the same color.
To start this board game, you must place the tiles from your rack into sets that total at least 30 points. If you cannot play using the tiles on your rack, then you have to draw tiles from the pool which ends your turn. Adding up the value of the tiles determines the winner.
Selecting a suitable game for your family requires you to consider several factors to ensure you choose one that works best for the family. One of the elements you need to keep in mind is the number of players the game can accommodate. You need to get a family game that suits the number of people in your family.
Most of these board games have age limitations depending on the outline of the game or the items included. If you are looking for games to suit young kids, you should consider your kids can enjoy and learn about the game quickly.
The time required to complete one round of the game is also an essential factor to consider. Again, if you have young children, you should select games with playing time that your kids can stand. On the other hand, if you are looking for a game to engage adults and older kids, games with long playing times are suitable.
The best family board games are those that can be explained in a short time; especially for kids. The right game for your family should come with a set of instructions that everyone can understand.
The challenge that comes with each game should provide value for your kids. Most of these games are educational, but your choice depends on what you want to teach specifically. Lastly, these family board games should be fun to play and have the potential to replay them from time to time.
The above examples are some of the best family games that have shown to suit most family settings. You can choose one that suits your family the best for fun-filled game nights.
Best Family Board Games
Check out our review of the best family board games available on the market today.
Hasbro Guess Who?
Hasbro Candy Land
Hasbro Connect 4
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
ThinkFun Zingo Bingo
Monopoly: Fortnite Edition
5 Second Rule Junior
Betrayal At House On The Hill
The Game of Life
Monopoly Ultimate Banking
Gamewright Forbidden Island
USAopoly Clue Harry Potter
No Stress Chess
Plan B Azul
Let's Feed The Very Hungry Caterpillar