Keeping your family off the screen can be a tough task with the variety of entertainment channels available. But, you agree that face time with your kids is essential in building a strong family bond. On this note, you want to keep your family engaged by providing the best family board games.
One of the most popular ones is Monopoly. If you are looking for something different with more challenges for your family, the good thing is that there are hundreds or family board games that you can try. The task, though; is to find the best one for every member of your family.
Family board games enhance the interaction between you, the kids and other members of the family. The fact that these games keep the mind racing makes them ideal for young to older kids. The following are some of the best family games that you and your family can enjoy on game nights and random afternoons.
Best Family Board Games
$17.97 in stock
1 used from $14.89
- Play a card from your hand, and place a chip on a corresponding space on the game board - when you have five in a row, it's a sequence.
- Each player or team tries to score the required number of five-card sequences before their opponents.
- Easy enough for kids and challenging enough for adults - great for individual or team play!
- Exciting gameplay develops STEM skills like Strategy
The best board games for a family come in a simple design that is easy to figure out for kids. This Sequence game requires you to play a card from your hand and place a chip on a corresponding space on the board. When you manage to put five in a row, it is a sequence.
The game is ideal for individual or group play. It gives every player a challenge to score the required number of five-card sequences to win. It is a suitable game for all ages, and kids from 7 years can play. It is challenging for adults as it is for kids keeping everyone engaged.
The sequence game comes in a jumbo size to fit more players at a seating. Each jumbo set includes a 32” x 27” durable cushioned playing mat. It is one of the fun board games that you can enjoy as a family or a group of friends.
Hasbro Guess Who?
$9.93 in stock
6 used from $9.04
- Features tabletop game boards and game pieces
- Players try to guess each other's mystery character
- For 2 players
- Includes 2 game boards, 48 face cards, 24 mystery cards, 2 scorekeepers, and instructions
- Can you Guess the other player's mystery character
If your family enjoys playing guessing board games, this Hasbro Guess Who game is an ideal choice. It features tabletop game boards and game pieces that make it suitable for a group of friends or family. The players are required to guess each other’s mystery characters to score points.
This version is designed for two players, and it comes with two game boards. The set also includes 48 face cards, 24 mystery cards, and two scorekeepers; each for one player. The game has a set of instructions on how to play the game for beginners.
Kids can play this game by asking questions about each other’s mystery character. It is a great brainstorming game that can help improve your child’s creativity. You can also play the guessing game with your child for fun family times.
$17.86 in stock
2 used from $13.40
- For 2 8+ Players
- 15 minute playing time
- Age 14 and up
If you are looking for an appropriate game for teenagers, this one from Czech Games is an ideal choice. It is designed for kids 14 years and is a social word game that is challenging for the players.
The set comes with two rival spymasters that know the secret identities of 25 agents. The players, on the other hand, know the agents only by their codenames. The participants compete to see who can make contact with all their agents first and get all the names right.
The twist of the game is that spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board. The players then try to guess the words of the right color while ensuring they do not point out to their opponent’s names. It is one of the best family board games where winning or losing is fun for all players.
Hasbro Candy Land
5 used from $11.95
- CLASSIC BEGINNER GAME: Do you remember playing Candy Land when you were a kid. Introduce new generations to this sweet kid's board game
- RACE TO THE CASTLE: Players encounter all kinds of delicious surprises as they move their cute gingerbread man pawn around the path in a race to the castle
- NO READING REQUIRED TO PLAY: For kids ages 3 and up, Candy Land can be a great game for kids who haven't learned how to read yet
- GREAT GAME FOR LITTLE ONES: The Candy Land board game features colored cards, sweet destinations and fun illustrations that kids love
- Includes game board, 4 pawns, card deck and instructions
Popular family board games often leave out toddlers and young kids. If you are looking for a game that your 3-year old child can engage it, then this Gaming Candy Board Game from Hasbro is a great choice. It is an adventurous game for your little one and encourages learning from an early age.
It is a suitable game for kids that haven’t learned how to read and involves them to find delicious surprises as they move the gingerbread. The game features colored cards, sweet destinations, and fun illustrations that are attractive to young kids.
This set comes with a game board, four pawns, card deck, and instruction on how to play. You can teach your child how to play this game and keep them busy for hours.
Hasbro Connect 4
- Classic Connect 4 game is disc dropping fun
- Choose yellow or red discs. For 2 players
- When you get 4 discs in a row you win
- Includes grid, 2 legs, slider bar, 21 red discs, 21 yellow discs and instructions
This connect game is an ideal choice for kids and adults. It comes in a simple design that requires you to line up discs in a row where attaining four of those in a single row makes you a winner. The game comes with yellow and red discs and is designed for two players.
If you pick the red discs, you are required to arrange them diagonally or vertically and connect four discs in a row to win. This game encourages creative thinking where each player has to figure out where to place their discs. The challenge in this game is that you do not arrange the discs on the holes provided. You are required to drop each disc from the top and align them as they fit into the holes.
This connect game set comes with a grid, two legs, a slider bar, 21 red discs, 21 red discs and a set of instructions. It is ideal for kids above four years.
- Ditch the TV, and re ignite family night with the get together amusement of a Hasbro game
- Party it up, and surprise guests at your next event with laugh out loud game from Hasbro gaming
- Nostalgic tabletop gameplay meets interactive digital content for an immersive gaming experience
- Hasbro gaming imagines and produces games that are perfect for every age, taste, and event
- Includes game board, 12 Sorry Pawns, 44 cards, and instructions
This is one of the fun family board games that you can play to distract everyone from screen time. It is an ideal choice for game nights and involves both kids and adults for fun moments. The Sorry game requires you to slide, collide, and score to win.
A player is required to draw cards to see how far they can get to move pawns on the board. If you land on a slide, you can zip to the end and bump your opponent’s pawns. You are then required to jump over pawns and hide in your safety zone while acquiring powers with the two power-up tokens.
You have to keep on moving and bumping to get all three of your pawns from your color ‘start’ to your color ‘home.’ However, you have to watch out because if your opponent bumps on you, it means you have to start all over again.
- Rubik's Race game challenges you to match patterns with your tiles
- Shake the scrambler to create a new pattern. Classic game and other ways to play
- Use a Rubik's Cube (sold separately) to create patterns instead of the scrambler
- Customize your play
- Game base (2 pieces) comes with frame, 48 colored tiles, scrambler and 9 colored cubes.
This Rubik’s game is one of the top board games that everyone in the family can enjoy playing. It creates a challenge where you have to race against other players to slide your colored Rubik’s tiles and match the pattern shown on the scrambler.
The game is as easy as shaking it to create a new, nine-tile Rubik’s pattern. Next, you have to slide the tiles to match the pattern on your board to the pattern shown on the scrambler. The first player to complete the match and slam down the center wins.
This set comes with a game base and a frame, which are the main components of the game. Also, it has 48 colored tiles, a scrambler, and nine mini cubes. The instructions provided can help you as a beginner to enjoy fun moments with family and friends.
- The incredibly popular, Multi award winning civilization building board game of harvesting and trading resources
- Players Control their own civilization and look to spread across a modular hex board in a competition For victory Points
- Beware the robber’s nefarious plans as he steals resources and plunders the wealthy
- 3 to 4 Players, 60 minutes, ages over 10
This 60-minute board game is one of the best family games. It provides replay value and does not lose its challenging aspects after playing it severally. The game works well for 3 to 4 players and can keep you all engaged for up to an hour.
The game seeks to enhance your tactical skills, requiring you to create a strategy to win. At the start, each player places two small houses on points where the terrain hexes meet. A player that owns a settlement adjacent to a terrain hex receives a resource produced by this hex.
You can build roads and new settlements or upgrade existing ones to cities. If you do this cleverly, you can reach ten victory points and win the game. This board game is recommended for ages 10 and up.
$17.05 in stock
5 used from $12.79
- Contains vinyl twister mat
- Includes fully assembled spinner and instructions
- Fun party game for all ages
With this twister game, your parties will never be the same again. The game is played in a large plastic mat spread on the floor. The mat is a board game in itself and is the main component of the game. On the mat are four rows of large colored circles with a different color on each row. These are in red, blue, yellow and green.
It has a spinner that is divided into four labeled sections. These include right foot, left foot, right hand, and left hand. Each of this section is then divided into the four colors. After spinning, the combination is called let’s say left foot yellow and the player moves their matching hand or foot to a dot on the correct color.
This game has no limit to the number of participants. It is ideal for all ages and works well as a party game for everyone. It includes a fully assembled spinner and instructions.
- Perfect strategy game for the whole family – less than a minute to learn with fun challenges for all ages!
- Players take turns placing their 21 pieces on the board: each piece must touch another of the same color, but only at the corners!
- Stake your claim and protect your territory by fitting as many of your pieces on the board as possible while strategically blocking your opponents!
- The game ends when no more pieces can be placed down, and the player with the lowest number remaining wins!
If you are looking for the best new family games, you can include this Blokus Strategy Game from Mattel Games. It is a perfect strategy game that everyone in the family can enjoy playing. It is easy to figure out how to play and features fun challenges for all ages.
Participants take turns by placing their 21 pieces on the board. The trick is that each piece must touch another of the same color but only at the corners. The fun begins when you have to protect your territory by fitting as many of your pieces on the board as possible while blocking your opponents.
The blokus game ends when you have placed all the pieces on the board. The layer with the least number of pieces remaining wins the challenge. It can be a thoughtful gift for Blokus fans.
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
- Each player gets a unique role: A Werewolf, Seer, Troublemaker, or another, all with special abilities
- After a secret night phase that includes changing roles, players have just 5 minutes to find a Werewolf
- Includes a free iOS/Android app that makes playing incredibly engaging and addictive
- May be combined with One Night Ultimate Werewolf Daybreak and One Night Ultimate Vampire for epic battles
- 3 10 players, Ages 8 and up
This is one of the top board games for kids that adults can enjoy playing as well. It is easy to play for everyone and poses a challenge to every player. Each player gets a unique role with special abilities. Some of these characters include Seer, Troublemaker, Robber, Tanner, Minion, and Werewolf.
With all these characters, the game allows multiple players making it one of the fun board games for parties. Each player is given a single card that they view secretly giving them the power to assist the Villager or Werewolf team. The game comes with a set of rules that helps you figure out the characters in each group.
It comes with a free app that walks you through the night phase in minutes. You have five minutes to discuss what happened at night and figure out who the werewolves are. If you find a werewolf, you win. If you don’t, the other team wins.
$100.93 in stock
10 used from $92.86
- For 1-4 players; ages 12+; 60-120 minute playing time
- A game of Euro-inspired tactical Combat in a persistent world of shifting motive
- A game with a persistent and changing world that is ideally played over many game sessions
This family board game suits 1 to 4 players and has a 60-120 minute playing time. It is one of the top board games for a family setting or a group of friends. The game is euro-inspired in a persistent world of shifting motives. It requires players to take on the role fwandering mercenary with their skills. Also, it needs every player to have reasons for traveling to the remote corner of the world.
Players must work together out of necessity to clear out menacing dungeons and forgotten ruins. In this process, they will enhance their abilities with experience and loot to discover new locations to explore. The plot of this game makes it ideal for many game sessions with a different story each time.
8 used from $13.38
- A twist on the classic battleship game: This Amazon exclusive battleship game features airplanes in addition to Ships for awesome strategic gameplay and epic battles
- Sink Ships and crash Planes: with this Amazon exclusive edition, fans of the battleship game can crash enemy Planes in addition to sinking Ships to win
- Portable Game: the battleship game includes 2 portable battle cases so players can take it with them, and Dive into an instant game on the go
- A childhood favorite: remember playing the battleship game as a kid? Kids and adults can enjoy playing this entertaining game together. It's also a great strategy game. Play it in the classroom
- Convenient storage: The game has convenient ship, plane, and peg storage on the side of the ocean grid
This game features a twist on the classic battleship game with the addition of airplanes to ships for strategic gameplay and epic battles. With this game, battleship fans can crush enemy planes in addition to sinking ships to win.
One of the features you will love about this game is its portability. You can pack it up for vacations or trips away from home and keep your family entertained from anywhere. It is a childhood favorite for people that played the battleship as kids.
This version works well for both adults and kids and helps to build creativity while strategizing. Your kids can carry it to school and play with their peers for fun challenges. It comes with convenient storage to ensure each component is safe.
- Buy, sell, dream and scheme your way to riches
- Players buy, sell and trade to win
- Build houses and hotels on your properties and bankrupt your opponents to win it all
- Chance and Community Chest cards can change everything
- Includes gameboard, 8 Tokens, 28 Title Deed Cards, 16 Chance Cards, 16 Community Chest Cards, 32 Houses, 12 Hotels, 2 Dice, Money Pack and Game Guide
If you love monopoly games, then it is time you got your hands on this classic game from Hasbro. It is a fast-dealing property trading game where players buy, sell, and scheme their way to riches. This version of the Monopoly game welcomes the Rubber Ducky, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Penguin into the family of tokens.
You need to choose your token, place it on ‘GO’ and roll the dice. This speed game will have your heart racing up to buy at every location. Players collect as many properties as they can and make deals to get color sets. You can build houses and hotels on owned properties but the other player will try and bankrupt everyone to win.
Monopoly is one of the popular family board games, but this version will grow your love for Monopoly. The race to buying and selling as many properties will spike fun, making it an enjoyable game for a family or a group of friends.
ThinkFun Zingo Bingo
- Trusted by Families Worldwide - With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world's leader in brain and logic games.
- Develops critical skills – Perfect for pre-readers and early readers, builds language and matching skills in preschool kids through fun, fast-paced play.
- What you get - This is the newest edition of the world famous game Zingo, one of ThinkFun's best games for kids ages 4 and up, and it includes an extra Zingo card so that up to 7 players can play! Also includes a unique Zinger device that delights players of all ages.
- Clear instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual. You can start playing immediately!
- Award winner - Zingo has won many awards including an Oppenheim Gold, Parents' Choice Award, ASTRA Best Toys for Kids Award, and is a three time Toy of the Year Nominee, which makes it a great gift for boys and girls ages 4 and up.
If you are trying to introduce your toddler to the world of numbers, you can get this game that everyone in the family can enjoy playing. It is designed for kids ages 4 and up and can accommodate up to seven players. It comes with an extra Zingo card to make it useful for multiple players.
The game comes with a set of instructions that are easy to follow to guide your child. It is a perfect choice for pre-readers and early readers, whereby it helps to develop critical skills. Additionally, it helps to build up language and matching skills which are essential for toddlers.
Besides being a game for kids, this version encourages playtime with adults as well. As much as it is easy for adults, it helps you to interact with kids better and teach basic language at an early age.
$14.95 in stock
7 used from $10.91
- Version of the popular Clue game for younger kids
- Someone ate the last piece of cake and players try to discover who did it
- The strategy and fun of the classic Clue game
- Featuring Dr. Orchid, a genius biologist with a sweet tooth
- Includes gameboard, 6 character pawns, 6 furniture tokens, 7 white bases, 7 yellow bases, detective notepad, die, label sheet and game guide
This game is designed for young kids and comes with multiple pieces to accommodate up to 6 players. The set includes a game board, six character pawns, six furniture tokens, seven white bases, seven yellow bases, and a detective notepad. Also, it has a label sheet, dial, and a game guide to help kids play as required.
The plot of this game requires players to find the missing cake to win. Players roll the die to see if they can move characters then they look under the characters and the furniture on the board for clues. As the clues are gathered, choices are eliminated until the actual culprit is found.
This game is for kids as young as five years old but can work well as a family game for people with young kids. The fun is in finding out who took the cake, when it was taken and what the person drank along with the cake. The person who figures out all three wins the game.
9 used from $18.19
- CHALLENGING AND FUN KIDS BOARD GAME: Players get to be "the doctor" and make Cavity Sam better or get the buzzer. Easy-grab ailment pieces and large openings help make gameplay fun for kids 6 and up
- SKILL AND COORDINATION: Players use their skill and coordination to remove the patient's "ailments" with the tweezers. Collect the most money by successfully removing the Funatomy parts to win
- INCLUDES DOCTOR CARDS AND SPECIALIST CARDS: Earn money if your removal of the Funatomy part didn't set off the buzzer. If it did, it's not a success and players get to use their Specialist card
- CHILDHOOD MEMORIES: This Operation game with classic gameplay is similar to what many people remember from their childhood. Introduce a new generation to this silly, electronic board game for kids
- FUN AND UNPREDICTABLE GAMEPLAY: The game features a surprising buzzer and a flashing nose when a player hits the sides with the tweezers
This is one of the top board games for kids that adults can enjoy playing as well. It is a challenging game but brings lots of fun for kids from age 6 and up. It features easy-grab ailment pieces and large openings that make it fun for kids.
Players use their skill and coordination to remove the patient’s ailments with the tweezers. You need to collect as much money by successfully removing the parts to win. The game includes doctors’ cards and specialists’ cards to use when eliminating sets off the buzzer. It is an excellent choice for both adults and kids making it one of the best family games.
$14.41 in stock
1 used from $10.08
- The classic quick-draw game since 1985 , Number of Players 2-4 Players
- You don’t have to be an artist; in fact, if you “can’t draw,” the game can be even funnier
- Two levels of clues (120 Adult, 80 Junior) make this a great game for kids and adults
- Includes two erasable makers, erasable boards for drawing and an updated category of clues
- Get together with friends to find out who's an artist and who really isn't!
This game will change your game nights to moments of fun and laughter. It requires you to draw a clue card, sketch it out and get your teammate to guess what you draw. The rules of the game are simple, but the game is hilarious. It does not require drawing skills; in fact, if you can’t draw the funnier it gets.
It comes with two levels of clues that include 120 for adults and 80 for kids. You need to sketch your clue on the included whiteboards that you can erase easily to keep the game going on for rounds. For wins, one team has to out-draw the competition and move around the game board for correct guesses.
It is one of the best new family games that you can play with everyone. It gets everyone into a competitive spirit where every loss is a laughing moment for the players.
Monopoly: Fortnite Edition
$15.45 in stock
5 used from $10.19
- Fortnite fans, this edition of the Monopoly game is inspired by the popular Fortnite video game! It’s not about what players own; it’s about how long they can survive
- In the Monopoly: Fortnite Edition board game, 2 to 7 players claim locations, battle their opponents, and avoid the Storm to survive; the last player standing wins
- The Monopoly: Fortnite Edition board game features well-known locations as properties, and players aim to earn Health Point chips instead of Monopoly money to stay in the game
- Use loot chest items and the action die to battle opponents in this fun board game for Monopoly fans and Fortnite fans, ages 13 and up
- The game comes with 27 Fortnite outfits with pawn stands, and players can choose to play as their favorite
This monopoly game is designed for Fortnite fans. It is inspired by the popular Fortnite video game that most people can relate to. The game is not about what the players own but how long they can survive. In the monopoly, two to seven players claim locations. They then battle their opponents and avoid the storm to survive.
The last player standing wins the game. The game features popular locations as properties and players earn Health Points Chips instead of monopoly money to stay in the game. You need to use loot chest items and the action-die to battle opponents in this fun board game.
It is an excellent choice for ages 13 and up and encourages critical thinking to win. The game comes with 27 Fortnite outfits with pawn stands allowing players to choose their favorite.
- TACTICAL STRATEGY: Featuring a massive amount of in game choices, including three tiles each of thirty six possible color symbol combinations, Qwirkle is the perfect game to hone player's tactical maneuvers, strategical planning, and forward thinking. Will you see the monolithic move that catapults you into first place?
- EASY TO FOLLOW RULES: An engaging game with easy to follow rules, Qwirkle is great for younger players. The rules of the game are basic: simply build lines by matching tiles based on either color or shape, and score points for doing so. However, the ability to build complex combinations will keep children interested and engaged, and challenge them mentally
- GAMES THAT TEACH: Qwirkle is playable from early ages up, allowing young children and older individuals alike to develop and hone their spacial recognition, planning, and problem solving skills. Plan, win, and learn simultaneously
- FAMILY FAVORITE: Qwirkle is a fantastic game for families, as it can involve a wide range of ages, from children to adults. It only takes a few moments to explain, so new players such as extended family or your child's play dates can jump right in and play
- INCLUDES: Product comes with 108 wooden Qwirkle tiles, 1 drawstring bag, 1 rule book
This is a tactical board game that kids and adults can enjoy playing for hours. The game features a massive amount of in-game choices that include three tiles each of 36 possible color-symbol combinations. It is the perfect game to hone player’s tactical maneuvers, forward-thinking, and strategic planning.
The game has easy-to-follow rules that every player can understand before starting. It is therefore great for young players that love tactical board games. It needs you to build lines by matching tiles based on either color or shape. This scores you points getting you closer to the win.
The game is one of the few that helps you teach your child. It allows young children to grow their problem-solving skills, enhance special recognition, and encourage planning as part of the game. It is one of the top board games for kids and adults.
5 Second Rule Junior
$14.99 in stock
4 used from $13.19
- A family version of the popular party game
- Read a card and give an answer. But you have to do it in 5 seconds
- Silly answers are sure to slip out, and the whole family will have fun with this easily-played game
- Includes 400 Questions on 200 Cards, 6 Pawns, 5-Second Twisted Timer, Game Board, Rules
If you are looking for a game that will keep your young children engaged, this one from PlayMonster is an ideal choice. The set comes with cards that pose challenges for kids to identify specific items on the card. The fun bit is that you have to name the item before 5 seconds elapse. This creates fun for the whole family where a wrong answer will crack you all up in laughter.
Can you quickly name three farm animals in less than five seconds? This, among other questions, builds up the fun in playing this game. You need to keep the score per player as you move around the board to determine who wins for that particular round.
With this game, you are sure to slip out silly answers that will leave everyone laughing. The game comes with 400 questions on 200 cards, six pawns, 5-second timer, a game board and a set of rules.
$10.59 in stock
1 used from $10.59
- My First Monopoly Game: the classic game for younger players
- Adorable Junior Tokens: play with classic tokens before they grew up
- Fun, Kid-Friendly Properties: buy cool properties such as the pet store, the candy store, and the video game arcade
- Fast, Fun, and Simple to Play: easy rules use single dollar bills for simple transactions
- Includes: Gameboard, 4 tokens, 20 chance cards, 48 sold signs, 90 banknotes, 4 character cards, and 1 die
It is essential to find the best family board games that young kids can enjoy playing. This monopoly game from Hasbro is a junior version that your child can easily understand and enjoy hours of fun. It requires kids to play with classic tokens.
It includes fun, kid-friendly properties that the child can buy from. These include a pet store, a candy store, and the video game arcade. It is a fast game that you and the kids can compete to win. You only need to use single dollar bills for simple transactions.
This game comes as a full set for easy use. It includes four tokens, 20 chance cards, 48 sold signs, 90 banknotes, four character cards, and one die. It suits players from ages 5 up and can work well for two to four players at a time.