The English Bulldog, also known as the British Bulldog is popular the world over, and there’s little doubt as to why.
As described by the Kennel Club, the breed standard means that they should possess a dignified demeanor, with a kind and resolute disposition.
The only dog breed to hold such an absolutely impressive breed standard, they also happen to be incredibly lazy devils who love nothing more than curling up on their bed and watching TV with you.
No cuter sight exists than that of a Bulldog curled up in his bed, his chubby little body, wrinkly skin, and wide head laying still – but likely with the addition of a gentle snoring noise! The breed can be prone to arthritis so buying your pooch one of the best dog beds for Bulldogs is a good idea to help keep his joints healthy for as long as possible.
Best Dog Beds for Bulldogs
4 used from $19.26
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The classic bolstered sofa design promotes ultimate comfort and security, providing high-loft orthopedic cushion support as well as a super cozy nestling and burrowing space for dogs and cats
- SLEEP SURFACE: The main sleep surface is lined with cuddly soft, plush faux fur, while the supportive bolsters are wrapped in easy-care suede; both materials are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam base helps cushion pressure points and improve air circulation, while the fluff-filled bolster railings support the neck, back, hips, and joints; both help to ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Gray; Medium, 30" x 20" x 6.25" (3" Foam; Sleep Surface: Approx. 22" x 15.75")
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Espresso, Gray, Deep Pool, and Almondine; it's also available in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus
In our top 5 list, we just had to include the FurHaven.
I mean, come on, it looks like a tiny couch, but it’s for dogs instead of people – how ridiculously adorable is that!
As well as being an adorable sight to see, and easy to fit into your living room decor, but the bed is made of a high quality egg-crate orthopedic foam.
This does a great job of being supportive of your Bulldog while still making sure that there is airflow, so he doesn’t get too hot, or worse still, develop hotspots.
While many dog beds feature bolstered edges, this is one of the best we’ve seen with edges that are for once high enough to provide support to your dog’s head and neck, and let’s face it – this lovable breed certainly doesn’t have the smallest head do they?!
The plush faux fur cover comes in a jaw-dropping seventeen color, pattern and fabric options, and is sturdy enough for your pup to flop onto all day long.
- Bolstered edges
- Egg-crate foam for added breathability
- Plush faux fur for coziness
- Low VOC foam fill
- Looks like a tiny couch
- Smells a little strange
- Easy to tear
- Zip quality isn’t the best
- Not as comfortable as expected
- Color fades
- ASPCA Micromesh Dog bed is designed for a small breeds, cats, toy breeds
- Low clearance entrance allows easy access, which is important for puppies, senior dogs or pets with disabilities
- Durable material, 100% polyester. Machine wash cold; tumble dry low
- Soft and cozy faux fur. Nest-like walls give your pet a good support while reducing exposure to drafts, extra plush rim and cozy interior offers a feeling of comfort and security
- Not RECOMMENDED for dogs with teething behavior
This ASPCA Microtech is a great spot for your pooch to call home, with strong outer fabric and a super soft inner fleece your dog will be as cozy as can be.
Not the thickest bed, this is perfect for a dog that gets hot too easily, but not for those big snuggle bugs that want to be encompassed by their dog bed.
The bed features bolster cushions for when your Bulldog wants a little pillow for his massive head, but also has an opening without bolster to make it easy for him to step up into the bed!
Unfortunately, the bed doesn’t come with anti-slip rubber dots on the base, so if your dog leaps into his bed, or likes to drag it around the house – he’ll have no problem doing that with this bed.
There is debate among buyers of this bed as to whether it washes well, and the majority claim that it does – however, some doggie parents seem to have received lower quality products that break apart in the wash.
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Bolster cushions
- Super soft fleece lining
- ASPCA own brand
- Even suitable for puppies that chew a bit
- No anti-slip base
- The cover is not removable
- Not as thick as it looks in the pics
- Many buyers have complained that it falls apart in the wash
- Size runs a tiny bit small
Long Rich HCT
5 used from $17.51
- Reversible design provides year-round comfort in any type of weather or climate.
- One side features knitted corduroy that is soft and warm during the winter.
- The other side features a smooth, faux suede that is cooler during warmer weather.
- Rectangular bed is the perfect shape for setting up a private sleeping nook for both cats and dogs in the corner of any room.
- Enough filling, have your dog deeply sleep and relax
This reversible dog bed is great if you’re the kind of person that likes a bit of variety!
If you get sick of one side of the cover, simply turn it over for a bit of a change.
Not a designer bed, this is a squishy bed designed to be comfortable for your pooch, with a comforting sherpa for added coziness, you can rest easy knowing that your English Bulldog will have somewhere soft and fluffy to rest his head!
The bolster cushions aren’t as high as many beds which may suit your dog better if he prefers to stretch out rather than curling up into a ball in the middle of his bed.
Only suitable for indoor use as it’s not waterproof, this bed comes in blue, blue/white stripe, brown, chocolate, coffee, and turquoise so no matter which room of your house you’d like to put it – you’ll find a color that fits!
With the tendency to flop down and move their beds, your Bulldog won’t move this bed out of place with its high-quality anti-slip grips on the base of the dog bed.
- Comfort sherpa inner
- Anti-slip base
- Machine washable
- Comes in multiple colors
- Bolster cushions
- Looks worn quickly
- Seams tear easily
- Sizing runs very small
- Not good for dogs that like to chew
- Can break apart when washing
$21.98 in stock
1 used from $16.34
- Dimensions: 35 inch x 28 inch. Perfect pet bed for any pet between 5 to 45 pounds recommended.
- Premium Materials: The dog bed is stuffed with a Premium High Loft Polyester Fil that is environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic.
- Machine Washable: Our dog bed is machine washable so you can easily wash off dirt and stains. Simply place the entire bed into an open-drum washing machine only on Gentle cycle, Cool. Do not use washing machines with agitators.
- Note: Dimensions provided are cut dimensions and finished dog bed dimensions may vary based on where the fillings are positioned.
One of the best dog beds for Bulldogs, it’s perfect for the pooch that prefers something to lie on rather than in.
If your dog doesn’t like bolster cushions, or he likes to constantly be able to see what’s going on around him – this could be a great solution.
Many products don’t have enough filling, and leave your dog feeling as though he’s basically lying on the floor – but this one has so much your dog should feel as though he’s hanging out on a tiny cloud!
The filling is hypoallergenic and environmentally friendly; however – it can become somewhat lumpy or flat if not treated with the same respect that you treat your couch – by fluffing it up on a frequent basis.
And trust us, your dog will like having the butler service of having someone fluff up his pillow!
Faulty beds might not hold up to machine washing; we recommend that you go over the product to look for damage or faults and throw it in the wash upon arrival, that way you’ll be able to send it back if there are any hidden problems!
- Hypoallergenic fill
- Machine washable and tumble dryer safe on the cold setting
- Super squishy
- Depending on the weight of dog it might not provide enough support
- No bolster pillows
- Stuffing flattens easily and needs fluffing up
- Can develop holes when in the washing machine
- Stuffing consistency is lumpy
- Support Design Dog Bed: Rectangular dog bed is the perfect shape for setting up a private sleeping nook for both cats and dogs in the corner of any room. Raised four walls and pillow-like structure provide good support and cushion for the dog's head and neck. Low leading-edge design is for easy access. A cozy interior offers a feeling of comfort and security. Your buddies will love the feel of the comfortable sleeping area.
- Luxury Ultra Soft Puppy Bed: Pet bed is made of soft, and breathable plush fabric, which is soft and warm during the winter and effectively retains your pet’s body heat. Our dog bed adopt high resilience polyester fiber filling and support a better sleep and keep warmth.In no time, your pet will be snoozing away in the elevated comfort of the stylish bed frame.
- Size Option: Dog beds for large dogs, the outer size is 35"x25"x9", and the inner size is 26"x17". Pet bed fit for dogs up to 55 lbs. For a proper fit, make sure to review the measurements.
- Non-Slip Dog Bed: The non-slip bottom keeps the dog bed in place on tile and hardwood floors in the house. Our orthopedic dog bed is durable and can always maintain the shape of a rectangular sofa. A puppy bed can be used in the ground, crate, sofa, and backseat of the car. The neutral and cozy color can match any furniture and place.
- Easy to Clean: Our pet bed can easily wash and care when accidents happen or for routine cleaning. It can completely machine washable, and we usually recommend hand washing. It is important that the bed is thoroughly dried in the dryer directly on low heat after washing and do not Air dry.
The INVENHO is a great option for those living in very hot climates, but that still want to give their dog something more than the floor to lay his huge head upon.
Not exactly a dog “bed” perse this mat is similar to a dog duvet for your Bulldog to lie on, the cotton full is lightweight, easy to fold up and throw in a bag which is especially handy if you’re the kind of family that heads out on road trips reasonably often.
Even if you’re heading over to a friend’s for dinner, it’s easy to bring this mat over with you, and give your pooch somewhere to lay down that smells like home.
Machine washable, just hang out to dry, being so thin it dries incredibly quickly – just pop it in the wash in the morning, and by the time evening comes around you’ll have a nice sparkling clean and a bone dry bed ready to tuck your pup into for a good night sleep!
- Cotton fill cushion
- Ideal for use in crates
- Machine washable
- Provides joint support
- Incredibly thin
- Doesn’t look the same as the picture
- Can be chewed to pieces in a minute
- Sizing is smaller than expected
- Needs to be left for hours after opening to fluff up
One of the biggest annoyances for many dog owners when choosing a bed for their beloved pooch is finding something that won’t make your house look like a kennel – and we think that we’ve finally found a company that’s found the solution!
The FurHaven not only looks like a little couch, and comes in an eye-watering seventeen colors – meaning that you can almost definitely match it to your own couch!
But, it’s also made from high-quality orthopedic foam to help keep your Bulldogs joint in tip-top condition!
Best Dog Bed for Bulldogs
Comfort should be top of the list when searching for the best dog bed for your bulldog!
Long Rich HCT