Whenever a coffee lover hears the phrase, “I don’t like coffee,” be prepared to hear a laundry list of reasons why you should. For fans of a cup of Joe, having the best coffee grinder or best mug of cafe coffee is heavenly. It doesn’t always matter if the refreshment comes from a hand coffee grinder or an electric version. While some may argue that a manual coffee grinder provides the best tasting coffee, this preference also comes down to what you’re trying to do with those coffee beans.
Do you want Turkish coffee, drip coffee, cold brew, espresso, latte, cappuccino, macchiato, ristretto or a lungo? Are the size of the coffee grinds absolutely imperative for your drunk? Is a manual burr grinder or conical burr coffee grinder essential for your coffee-making experience? While the arguments continue over which is the best burr coffee grinder and who has the best coffee, this list of 14 doesn’t take sides. The goal here is to give you 14 coffee grinders that make you smile in the morning.
Best Coffee Grinder
$19.97 in stock
1 used from $ 18.57
- ☕ CONSISTENT GRINDS EVERY TIME - Unlike many others on the market, the Mueller HyperGrind gives you perfect consistency & precision control over the coarseness of your Pour Over, Drip, Chemex, Cold Brew, French Press, Percolator, AeroPress, Turkish, Espresso, Keurig K Cup, Herb, or Spices grind EVERY TIME!
- ☕ COMPACT & STYLISH - Takes up minimum counter space and can be easily stored in cupboards and drawers but with its great modern Eurocentric styling, you just might want to leave it out in the open.
- ☕ QUALITY ABOVE ALL ELSE - Crafted with the same essence as traditional German precision machinery, our Mueller HyperGrind Precision Grinder is designed and tested through three professional grade inspections to outlast and outperform the competition!
- ☕ ORDER NOW RISK-FREE! - 100% Money-Back Guarantee, no questions asked! Order today while supplies last.
This coffee grinder not only makes a pretty good cup of joe. It can also be used for spices, herbs, grains and nuts.
- Brew options: fine, medium, coarse
- 7.8 inches x 4.4 inches x 4 inches
- Eurocentric styling
The large grinding capacity on this coffee grinder allows for consistency and precision control. It can reportedly compete with other coffee makers that are used for pour over, drip, cold brew, percolator, AeroPress, Turkish, chemex, espresso, Keurig K cups and more. While you can easily pack this coffee grinder away in the cupboard, you may enjoy showing off the grinder inspired by traditional German precision machinery.
- Designed and tested through three professional grade inspections
- Low to medium noise level (reviewers did not find it disturbingly loud)
- Difficult to clean (may require toothbrush)
- No detachable parts for dishwasher use
If this coffee bean grinder is not for you, there is a 100 percent money-back guarantee without question.
- Built-in adjustable grind selector with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision control over the coarseness of your Pour Over, Drip, Chemex, Cold Brew, French Press, Percolator, AeroPress, Turkish, Espresso, Keurig K Cup, Herb, or Spice grind.
- No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact coffee grinder, allowing you to travel with and brew freshly roasted ground coffee beans on your next camping, hiking, backpacking, or outdoors trip.
- Convenient removeable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric grinders produce. Imagine grinding your favorite java roast quietly in an office cubicle or in your kitchen when your loved ones are fast asleep.
- Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patent-pending ceramic combo burrs are design tested through three professional grade inspections to last 5x's longer than stainless steel blades.
- What Our Amazon Customers Say: "Holy cow is this grinder awesome!" "The only slim coffee grinder for my home!" "Just purchased 3 more for family and friends" "Earns its 5 star ratings and reviews with ease!" "One of the best deals for any coffee lover" "Perfect coffee is back in my life!" 100% Money-Back Guarantee. Order today while supplies last.
If you’re a traveler (leisure or business) who prefers your coffee freshly ground, lugging around an electric version may be a pain. This is one of many reasons to invest in a manual coffee grinder.
- Built-in adjustable grind selector
- 7.1 inches x 4.1 inches x 3.7 inches
- Design tested through three professional grade inspections
What do you want to do with your coffee grinder? Do you want AeroPress, chemex, cold brew, drip, espresso, French press, percolator, pour over or more? Do you want to grind spices and herbs? This grinder, with stainless steel blades, can help you get all of the above. And it will do so without the loud, grinding noise that electric coffee grinders are commonly associated with.
- 18 click settings for precision control
- No batteries, power or plastic cords
- Several reviewers reported inside parts broke within a couple months
- Not ideal for espresso, according to several one-star reviews
If this grinder is not for you, there is a 100 percent money-back guarantee without question.
Too low to display in stock
- 160W motor grinds with minimal noise
- Stainless steel blade to grind whole beans for a rich, aromatic blend
- Heavy-duty motor housing
- The whole grinder is remarkably easy to clean
- The bowl, blade and top cover can go straight to the dishwasher for easy cleanup
This heavy-duty motor housing can grind whole beans into an aromatic blend of up to 12 cups of coffee.
- 160W motor grinds
- 7.1 inches x 4.1 inches x 3.7 inches
- Stainless steel blade
This onyx black coffee grinder is dishwasher safe, with the ability to place the bowl, blade and top cover inside. If you want to avoid coffee beans flying around and getting stuck under the levers, it’s highly recommended to remove these pieces every time. The inside markings indicate when you’re at four, eight, 10 or 12 cups of brewed coffee. The grinder is easy to use, with one-touch operation on the clear top, slidable cover.
- Minimal noise
- Easy to clean
- Spice grinding bowls sold separately (or with Model BCG211)
- One reviewer documents on page 8: “KitchenAid does not recommend using this grinder to grind beans for pump espresso-type machines.”
This coffee grinder is backed by a one-year limited warranty.
$99.95 in stock
7 used from $ 90.18
- Durable 40mm stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- One-touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- Hopper holds up to 0. 75 lbs of Coffee beans
- Grounds container accommodates up to 110 grams (enough for 12 cups). never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs
This large capacity grinder helps make more coffee all at once, up to 12 cups (or .75 pounds of beans). While this may be a bit much for smaller households, it’s great for a family full of coffee drinks. Or, just store for later, depending on how “fresh” you want your fresh coffee.
- 15 grind settings
- 7.4 inches x 5.2 inches x 11.8 inches
- 40 mm stainless steel conical burrs
These coffee grinds reportedly are uniform and extract optimal flavor. And it’s not overly complicated to make. Set the lever to whichever coffee preparation results you’re looking for. Then just press the one-touch start timer to start where you left off with your last setting.
- UV-blocking tint
- Mess-free hopper
- Water will damage grinder and burrs
- Several users reported coffee bean jams after a few uses
This coffee grinder is backed by a two-year warranty for manufacturer defects or workmanship.
$35.70 in stock
10 used from $ 28.92
- Removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32 cups. Dimensions : 6.00 L x 7.13 W x 10.75 H inches
- Removable 8 oz. bean hopper. Includes scoop and cleaning brush
- Electric timer automatically shuts off when grind cycle is complete
- 18-position grind selector; 4- to 18-cup slide dial
- Removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32 cups; Separate one-touch power bar, heavy-duty motor and scoop/cleaning Brush.BPA Free
This stainless steel, disk burr coffee grinder will make ultra fine to extra coarse coffee beans.
- Holds up to 32 cups of ground coffee
- 10.8 inches x 7.1 inches x 6 inches
- Scoop and cleaning brush included
This electric coffee grinder has an 18-position grind selector with a four to 18-cup slide dial. This BPA-free grinder has a separate one-touch power bar, a heavy duty motor and a scoop/cleaning brush.
- Removable 8 ounce grind chamber
- Auto-timer shuts off when grind cycle completes
- Frustration Free/Standard Packing item will result in receiving the identical item
- ATTN: This is not a conical grinder.
This coffee grinder is covered by an 18-month limited warranty. Before ordering this item, make sure this is what you want. Because if it turns out that you don’t like the actual coffee maker, you may get a replacement that is the exact same. Double check with the seller ahead of time what would happen should you want a totally different coffee grinder versus a replacement if the one you have has part problems.
- EFFICIENT GRIND - The motor of the grinder is quite powerful when revving, doing a great job to chop up your coffee beans into grounds in just a few seconds. Also, it works amazingly well to grind up other fairly hard materials with ease.
- PERFECT SIZE - Compact design takes minimum space and can be stored easily on your counter or in a cupboard or drawer. Despite its small size, 50g grinding capacity yields up to 12 cups of coffee - which is enough for your family and friends to share.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN - The fully-embedded cover protects from coffee grounds spilling out and the top is clear so you can see what is going on in the grinder. The power cord can be detached when not in use. Low noise motor will not disturb your family while you prepare their morning cup.
- MULTIPLE USES - Not just for grinding coffee beans, our grinder can also grind spices, nuts, herbs, pepper, seeds, grains and more! You can grind quickly for coarse consistency or leave it running longer for finer powders - making this grinder perfect for French press, Espresso, Turkish or Drip coffee.
- Veken GUARANTEE - We have had positive feedback from over 10,000 satisfied customers and also offer: ★30 days free return & replacement ★2 Years product warranty (If quality problems are found, we provide a free replacement or full refund) ★Contact us to get 3 years extra warranty ★Lifetime customer support
From fine to medium to coarse results, this can make up to 30 servings and/or 12 cups of coffee.
- Sharp stainless blade
- 6.6 inches x 3.8 inches x 3.8 inches
- Cleaning brush included
Available in black and white, this coffee grinder reportedly grounds coffee beans to perfection in a matter of seconds. With the clear top, you can watch the grinds break down while the fully embedded cover helps you avoid spills.
Compact and taking up minimal space, you can choose to store it out of the way in a drawer or cabinet. Or, leave it on the counter. While it’s advertised to not make much noise, that comes down to the user and the family. What may be considered reasonably quiet to one person could be not loud enough or too loud to another. Test it at different times of the day, if the volume is a priority for you.
- Splash-proof cover
- Detachable wire
- Several users complained about the small size of the top cover (estimated to hold one cup)
- Multiple coffee grinder reviews reported it stopped working within short time periods
This coffee grinder is backed by a two-year product warranty. For legitimate quality problems, consumers can receive a free replacement or full refund. There’s also an option for a three-year extended warranty and lifetime customer support.
4 used from $ 20.25
- FRESH GROUND COFFEE BEANS MAKE THE BEST TASTING COFFEE: True coffee lovers know full, robust coffee comes from freshly ground beans. Process up to 7 oz. of premium beans at one time.
- GRIND AS FEW OR AS MANY BEANS AS YOU LIKE: The grinder handles enough beans to make 2 to 14 cups of coffee and operats-free so every batch of beans is ground consistently to perfection.
- EASY CLEANING REMOVABLE GROUNDS CUP: The Bellemain is not only easy to use, it's also easy to clean. The grinding wheel, hopper lid and grounds cup all remove for your convenience.
- AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS OFF WHEN DESIRED GRIND IS REACHED: Professional quality disc grinder ensures you get the freshest, fullest flavor frm your beans. Makes even inexpensive beans taste great.
- 100% RISK FREE 2-YEAR WARRANTY: Grind a mountain of beans and the Bellemain Coffee Grinder is still reay for more. It's engineered to last - we'll replace it if it doesn't.
This silver and black coffee grinder processes up to 7 ounces of coffee beans at a time (estimated two to 14 cups).
- 17 adjustable settings for drip, percolator, French Press and Turkish coffee
- 6 inches x 4 inches x 9.5 inches
- Four grinding results: coarse, medium, fine, extra-fine coffee
With a reportedly smooth way to grind coffee, this grinder is also pretty simple to clean. The grinding wheel, grounds cup and lid can be removed for handwashing or the dishwasher. Make sure to hand dry or air dry before putting back together to avoid sticky beans and/or rust. While you’re grinding coffee, the automatic shut-off will stop when the requested grind is complete.
- Metallic burr grinder for uniform grinds
- Rounded corners for easier cleaning
- Several users reported powdered coffee
- May be too loud for some users
This coffee grinder is covered by a 100 percent risk-free, two-year warranty.
2 used from $ 21.36
- ✅Guarantees a precise grind for any desired brewing method - With the built-in adjustable grind selector, It ensures you have perfect ground for your preferred method of brewing from coarse to fine grind (French Press, Espresso, Turkish, Cold Brew, Pour Over, Drip, Percolator, AeroPress, Keurig K Cup, Chemex). Perfect grind every time!
- ✅Giving You the opportunity to enjoy your favorite brew on the go - It's small, portable compact with no need for the battery, You can use it at home or carry on your camping, hiking or any outdoors trip!
- ✅Durable quality ensures you have a product to grace your kitchen for many years - the Hopper, handle and internal components are built with food grade stainless steel and industrial grade plastic, and the high quality ceramic burr grinder gives a more consistent, better-tasting coffee grind than a metal blade.
- ✅Giving you the quietest possible operation - the convenient removable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric grinders produce, It's a good choice if you want a quiet coffee grinder.
- ✅100% Money-Back Guarantee - Our customer satisfaction is the top priority and we stand behind our coffee grinder. This is why we are backing it with 100% Lifetime Money Back Guarantee! If you are not happy with our coffee grinder, we will replace it or fully refund you- absolutely HASSLE FREE!
If your go-to coffee drinks are espresso, French press, and/or cold and Turkish brew, this portable coffee grinder is for you. Travel with it from camping trips to business travel.
- Brushed stainless steel
- 7.8 inches x 2.5 inches x 2.1 inches
- Built-in adjustable grind selector
This conical burr mill with adjustable settings is ideal for travel, requires no batteries and skips past all the noise of other grinders. Turn clockwise for finer bean grinding and counterclockwise for more coarse grinding. This coffee grinder is made from food grade stainless steel, industrial grade plastic and a high-quality ceramic grinder.
- Removable parts for easy cleaning
- No adjustable controls of the coffee grind sizes
- Several users complained about the length of time for manual grinding
If this is not the best home coffee grinder for you, this product comes with a 100 percent lifetime money-back guarantee. Get a full refund or replacement.
$25.95 in stock
1 used from $ 24.49
- Just by simply pressing the lid with different time to custom grind settings. Get coarse or fine coffee powder in 20 seconds or less for cold brew coffee, French Press, Pour over, Moka pot, Espresso.
- High-quality stainless steel blade and 200W powerful motor ensure continuous and even grinding for better maintaining the original rich aroma and oil of the coffee bean.
- Food-grade stainless steel bowl can be removed from the base, convenient for you to clean. Max capacity: 70g
- Steady and Safety lock and nice sealing ring effectively prevent powder splashing.
- ETL approved. 1 year hassle-free replacement warranty.
If you want fine or coarse grinds without pressing a bunch of buttons or manually grinding for lengthier times, this coffee grinder may be what you want. Just press the lid down to get the powder you want.
- Stainless steel blade
- 3.7 inches x 3.7 inches x 8 inches
- 105 centimeter-long chord
In approximately 20 seconds, you can get the cold brew coffee, espresso, French Press, Pour over or Moka pot coffee grinds you need for your morning commute. Just press the lid-activated switch down and wait it out. Use the manual booklet and 2-in-1 brush and spoon for preparation. If you’re worried about a mess, the lock and seal ring should keep spills from happening.
- Removable stainless steel bowl
- Convenient cleaning options
- Several users reported broken grinders in less than a few months
- Brush needed for coffee beans that may stick to the top of the lid
If this is not the best electric coffee grinder for your family, there is a one-year hassle-free replacement warranty.
- The base of the grinder is coated with a rubber which can prevent the grinder from moving when it is ground.The high-quality ceramic burr has better antibacterial properties and therefore can keep the coffee safer and healthier
- Grinder can be adjusted by the adjusting nut from fine to coarse,it all depends on you
- Apart from coffee grinder for manually grinding coffee,one more sealed jar can be used for storing coffee powder ,and you can use the cleaning brush to clean the grinder,it's convenient for use
- The manual coffee grinder can be easily split into small parts. You can use the cleaning brush to wash them separately under running water
- We offer 1 YEAR 100% SATISFACTORY WARRANTY, if unfortunately you receive defectives OR our Coffee Grinder did not work well ,please kindly contact us for exchange, refund or return
If extra hygienic coffee grinders are top priority for you, the high-quality ceramic burr on this one has antibacterial properties for a safer, cleaner and healthier coffee grinding selection.
- Adjustable grind selector (fine, medium, coarse)
- 7.4 inches x 7.4 inches x 3.9 inches
- High-quality ceramic burr
If you just have too much coffee at one time and need a place to store the fresh coffee bean grinds, utilize the extra sealed jar that comes in the package.
- Rubber prevents grinder moving during grinding
- Brush included for easier cleaning under water
- Verify all parts are in good condition and available; several users reported broken glass or handles and/or no brush
- Grinding shaft may still move regardless of rubber installation
This coffee grinder comes with a one-year, 100 percent satisfaction warranty.
- 100-watt conical burr coffee bean grinder with 18 grind settings (ultra-fine to coarse)
- Coffee Bean container holds up to 8 ounces; coffee grounds container holds up to 5 ounces
- Grind coffee beans for 1 to 10 cups of coffee with an automatic shut-off when done
- Removable commercial-grade conical burr grinder blades allows for easy cleaning and maximum flavor from beans
- 2-year Manufacturer's warranty. Safety shield prevents beans from flying out of the bean hopper and automatic shut-off if the coffee grounds container is removed during operation
If you’ve ever accidentally spilled coffee beans around a room, worry no more. The automatic shut-off option on this one not only avoids a messy kitchen but also turns off when the coffee beans are ground down as needed.
- 18 coarse grind size settings (ultra fine to coarse sizes)
- 13 inches x 9.1 inches x 7.3 inches
- Adjustable cup size
The coffee ground container holds up to 5 ounces of ground coffee, and the coffee bean container holds up to 8 ounces of coffee beans. Use the on/off button and cup selector knob to easily operate the 100-watt conical burr grinder. The automatic shut-off will let you know when it’s done grinding one to 10 cups of coffee, depending on your settings and the amount of coffee beans poured inside.
- Removable upper grinding burr
- Safety shield to avoid flying beans
- May require the occasional shake to keep coffee beans near blades
- Fine dust may pour out a little when taking grinder apart for cleaning
This coffee grinder comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
$15.95 in stock
- One-touch Operation, Fast and Efficient. Compact Modern Design with Safety Lock.
- Durable Stainless Steel Blades.
- 2.5 oz (70gm) Capacity. Yields up to 7 cups of Coffee.
- Grippable Surface, Transparent lid and Built-In Power Cord Storage.
- Ideal for Coffee Beans, Nuts, Herbs, Grains and Spices.
If you just want to grind your coffee without it being overly complicated, check out the one-touch operation on this one. It’s quick, efficient and compact.
- Stainless steel blades
- 7.8 inches x 4.6 inches x 4.5 inches
- Built-in power cord storage
This coffee grinder is ideal for coffee beans, along with grains, herbs, nuts and spices. With the ability to make up to seven cups (or 2.5 ounces) of coffee, you can watch the show with the help of the transparent lid. The grippable surface makes sure it does not slide all over the place while grinding your coffee.
- Safety lock
- Grippable surface for easier holding
- Do not grind cloves; only plastic should be used to avoid burning plastic results
- Cannot remove cup or blade for cleaning
Be aware that this coffee grinder makes no mention of a warranty policy, and the coffee grinder reviews also confirm there is no wording regarding a warranty option.
4 used from $ 26.21
- Customizable: rotate the grind control wheel to select the grind of your choice. With 17 grinding options, you can customize your grind from extremely fine to coarse, 17 being the finest and 1 being the coarsest. Intelligent design features take the hassle out of grinding your own Coffee, with a 110-watt motor that delivers a consistent, even grind every time!
- Spacious: The large hopper holds up to 8 ounces of Coffee beans to make anywhere from 2-12 cups at a time, so you can make freshly brewed Coffee for yourself or the whole family. Make sure to allow the motor to cool for about 2 minutes between brewing cycles.
- Full flavor: burr mill system avoids overheating The Coffee beans, so you get freshly ground Coffee with full-bodied flavor and better taste, perfect for any brew process you are using whether it is Espresso, automatic drip or French press.
- Easy use and easy clean: this grinder is designed with an easy, one Touch operation to make the grinding process quick and easy. Burr and container are detachable for easy cleaning, allowing for time to enjoy your cup of Coffee. Bonus free cleaning brush included.
- Resources: cetl approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - We've got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF user guide. 110 watts/120 Volts
With the ability to hold up to 8 ounces of coffee, this burr mill system will grind your coffee and help you avoid overheating coffee beans too.
- 17 grinding options for two to 12 cups
- 4.5 inches x 6.5 inches x 10 inches
- Cleaning brush included
Who doesn’t love the pleasant scent of coffee? This coffee grinder not only grinds your coffee beans as needed, but the top lid preserves the natural aroma of your coffee beans. The larger hopper container can hold more than a cup of coffee beans. Available as a compact coffee grinder or an electric burr grinder, you can purchase both to appease all family needs or pick one that’s best for you. The electric one has 110-watt motor and should be allowed to cool for at least two minutes between brewing cycles.
- One-touch operation
- Removable grinding disc for easy cleaning
- Reviewer reported the plastic bin cracked
- A couple of users reported overheating and smoking while grinding coffee
Although the wording for a warranty policy is a bit vague, it appears that the technology is backed for one year.
- One Touch Safe Operation: Simply press the ON/OFF button to begin grinding and release to stop. Clear lid design also allows you to observe grind ingredients easily for precision control
- Stainless Steel Blade: Food grade sharp stainless steel blade for fast and uniform grinding. Works great to control your coffee bean from coarse to fine in seconds. Simply grinds coffee beans for french press, espresso, Turkish or drip coffee
- Quite and Large Capacity: Coffee grinder using upgrade noiseless motor which works powerful and durable. It quickly grinds coffee beans up to 1.8 oz (50g) at a time for 12 cups of coffee
- Versatile Usage Electric Coffee Grinder: The coffee bean grinder is ideal for coffee beans, nuts, herbs, grains and spices etc. And the grinding effect is evenly after thousands of experiment
- Tips for Coffee Grinder: 12-month warranty& ETL Certificate. Please don't wash the electric grinder with water directly
Use this coffee grinder for coffee beans, spices, nuts, sea salt, pepper and more. Watch the grinding process through the clear lid design. For coffee, this grinder is best for a French press, AeroPress, Moka pot and/or espresso.
- Stainless steel blade
- 7.6 inches x 4.3 inches x 4.2 inches
- 50 gram capacity
There’s pretty much no way to get the coffee grinding process wrong with this one. Add coffee to the coffee bean chamber. Close the lid and safety lock. Then press the on/off button to grind, and pour the coffee beans out to prepare your next and best cup of joe. The anti-slip rubber base comes in handy to keep track of the cord.
- Safety lock
- On/off button to avoid accidental grinding
- Not suitable for grinding oil seeds (ex. peanuts)
- Avoid other sharp, choppy nuts and harder products
This coffee grinder is backed by a one-year warranty.
Key Information about Coffee Grinders
With so many options for instant coffee and already ground coffee, why should you purchase a coffee grinder on your own?
Improving the taste of your coffee: Burr grinders versus blade grinders
One common reason is you may find that the kind of coffee you want tastes better if you can control the grind size and consistency of it. One person’s coffee may be too weak while another one may be too strong. As mentioned earlier in this post, burr grinders vs blade grinders are one of the most common arguments for coffee drinkers. Here’s why.
First of all, there’s not a lot of say so when it comes to whether you want a conical burr grinder or not. Go in a retail store right now, and you’re almost always going to see conical-only options. Typically all new-age burr grinders are cone-shaped. When the center burr spins around, gravity pulls whole beans in a downward motion to be ground down.
However, the best coffee grinder for espresso is probably one in which the espresso lover has more control over the size. Conical burrs result in small and larger sizes, and the smaller pieces soak up the water first. Once extracted, they may overpower the taste of your espresso, creating a bitter taste that would not be as noticeable with larger coffee grinds. Keep in mind that a manual coffee grinder could result in the same large vs small coffee grinding situation, if the coffee grinds are not examined carefully.
Manual coffee grinders: Controlling your coffee experience
But with that said, there are benefits of grinding your own coffee. With an automatic grinder, you pretty much have to depend on the coffee grinder to work its magic. If the automatic grinder is of good quality, the coffee grinds will be fairly the same. Each coffee grinder is not created equal though. So make sure that when you’re shopping around for one, you not only look for one that grinds but one that grinds the size of what kind of coffee you want. You get what you pay for, and sometimes those bargain deals will taste like bargain coffee.
A manual grinder may give you more control over each coffee bean’s grinding size. However, the three minutes (and possibly more) that it’ll take to do this on a daily basis may become taxing after awhile. For the coffee drinker that wants to keep an eye on every grind and enjoys the extra “fresh” smell of coffee that instant coffee simply doesn’t provide, this is a win. For coffee lovers who use a coffee maker, they may argue that there’s a slightly stronger smell for freshly ground coffee beans too.
Grinding coffee all at once
If you’re someone who buys coffee beans by the bag or bottle, you may ask a barista to grind them all down at one time. Or, maybe you choose to grind all of your coffee down with your manual grinder. It saves up the few minutes each morning to make coffee. But it also begs the question: Why not just buy an already prepped bag to begin with? Every time air hits the coffee, it oxidizes. That affects the smell and freshness of your “fresh” coffee. If you just don’t have the time or patience to use a manual grinder each day, it’s probably best to just get an automatic one and put in a few scoops at a time.
Using your coffee grinder for other uses
Many coffee grinder manufacturers will let you know ahead of time if their grinders are suitable for sea salt, pepper, flaxseed, other spices, etc. But everything with a blade does not mean it’s suitable to grind everything. For example, depending on the spice (ex. cloves), using the grinder blades may come down to plastic versus glass containers. Other blades aren’t sharp enough to grind down harder products, such as peanuts. Make sure to read the fineprint and warnings in detail before testing out anything other than coffee beans. Should you choose to do so anyway, you risk the possibility of malfunction and the seller (or manufacturer) not honoring your warranty.
Also, pay special attention to which coffee grinders have suitable blades for certain coffee drinks. Just because one coffee grinder is superb for your next espresso does not mean all of them are. If you don’t look at what the coffee grinder is intended for, you could end up with bitter coffee. Or worse, you could end up chewing the bottom remnants of your coffee cup.
While the coffee debates will probably never be resolved, no one is right. It just comes down to specifics about which coffee grinder is most suited for you and your household. But keeping these tips in mind will help you get the coffee grinder that makes the most sense for you:
1) What kind of coffee do I want to make?
2) Do I have the patience or time to manually grind coffee each day?
3) Does my coffee taste OK if exposed to air on a regular basis even when not in use?
4) Do I want to make different variations of coffee, and do I need a coffee grinder that can accommodate all of these choices?
5) Is this coffee grinder easy to clean? Is it dishwasher safe or am I OK with handwashing on a daily basis?
6) If used in a business setting, are the rest of my coworkers willing to put in the effort to properly care for this coffee grinder during and after its warranty period?
7) Does it have a warranty policy at all?
After you have the answers to these questions, you’ll be able to find the coffee grinder that’s best for your needs.
Best Coffee Grinder
Here's our review of the best coffee grinder on the market today.