This list of the best alcohol-based markers explores some of the finest products that Amazon has to offer. Get an idea of what each marker set looks and feels like by reading our awesome guide. See how some of the top names in the art world perform. Compare with quality sets full of rich color options and versatile styles that help you take your art to the next level.
Alcohol based markers are a popular choice because of their blendability and beautiful rendering. You can find the best marker set for you and your budget, including Ohuhu markers, blendable markers and cheap alcohol-based markers. Browse complete sets ready for any artists. Browse the choice of color selection, including dual tipped models available for ultimate versatility.
Best Alcohol Markers
- Spectrum Noir Brights offers a colorful array of professional
- high quality
- alcohol ink pens in coordinating bright
- vibrant colors
- Each pen is double-ended with a fine bullet tip for detail work and a broad chisel nib on the other end for filling larger areas and are fast drying acid-free and non-toxic The colored ends of each pen allow for easy color identification they bl
This marker set is a great choice from seasoned artists to beginners. For starters, each marker has two tips so you can quickly have variation in your style in the same piece.
- Hexagonal shape
- Felt tip markers
- Double tipped
The bright colors of these markers pop right off the page. Another great feature of the Spectrum markers is that it takes seconds for the color to dry after you apply it.
These markers have a hexagonal barrel that is easy to grip. The nibs are refillable and replaceable which makes them long lasting.
The felt tip markers have even color let down. Artists can make even thick lines or more intricate thin lines. Choose from colors like pastels, lights, brights, darks, nature or vintage.
- Available in different sets so you can collect all of the colors
- High quality markers
- Vibrant and contrasting colors
- They can quickly bleed and make a fuzzy edge
- The lines and coloring can show through the other side of the page
The Spectrum markers are specifically created for adult coloring. They’re perfect for crafters and people who want to invest in a coloring system.
- USER-INTUITIVE COLOR SYSTEM: Totaling 227 colors, ARTIFY provides the widest color range for art markers at a reasonable price. Our balanced spectrum not only contains gray scale and bright colors, but also a lot of middle tones that enable unlimited potential in layering, blending and other techniques unique to alcohol markers. The expertly formulated alcohol inks are authentic, vivid and ultra-blend-able.
- EXCLUSIVE DESIGN BY ARTISTS FOR ARTISTS: Co-developed by artists and marker professionals, every detail of this design focuses on the users: its body shape, modus and material of nibs, ink formulas, stickers and accessories, and especially the color spectrum. Ideal tools for designers, architects, illustrators, artists and hobbyists, these reliable, consistent, high-quality professional products enable the realization of ambitious ideas and projects.
- QUITTING PLASTIC: The delicate and surprising all-paper package you’ll be receiving, is our gift for you and for the Earth. Because the paper packaging box can be recycled and reused, it is energy-saving and environmentally friendly. It’s a vital start of a journey for ARTIFY according to our brand values: Art for the sake of it. Let’s act for a greener planet starting now and starting with us.
- STORAGE & DISPLAY PACKAGE The marker case can be easily transformed into an ergonomic table stand, keeping your markers well organized and openly displayed for easy navigation to help plan those perfect blends and color schemes.
- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: This marker set is extremely versatile in the fields of fine art, graphic design, illustration, animation, manga, film, fashion design, product design, automotive design, architecture, landscape architecture or handcrafts.
One thing that sets apart the Artify Alcohol Based Ink collection is their white color. With an astonishing choice of 80 colors, this is a great choice for a solid marker collection that will last you for years.
- Convenient carry case
- Has all of the primary colors for artists to write, draw, illustrate, design, shade and write
- Includes a unique white color
- They have a triangle design that makes it very easy to grip
- Dual tips that allow for broad and fine strokes
Another amazing quality of these markers is that they have dual tips. This makes for an astonishing flexibility and versatility in making art. Artists enjoy flowing lines that are blendable. You can make gradients or bold, solid colors.
- Great gift idea
- Convenient to carry
- The colors can bleed onto hands
The Artify set is a great choice to give as a gift or to invest in your own art collection.
- ♣ DUAL TIPS, FINE AND CHISEL ENDS: Broad and fine twin tips for precise highlighting and underlining, for drawing with both thin and thick lines. Allows you to create various styles, sketches and patterns with ease.
- ♣ 88 VIBRANT COLORS, SUPERIOR BLENDABILITY, FAST DRYING: The highly pigmented and vibrant markers are built to last against fading, and blend beautifully for added dimension to your artwork, Easily layer and mix different colors without worrying about smudges and blotches
- ♣ 20 COLORS SKIN TONED MARKERS, specially designed for flesh, face, manga, portrait, illustration, drawing, sketch, giving more natural skin and hair shades. it's very life-like when applied to pictures. The variety of 20 skin-tone colors makes drawings more realistic, your pictures will more than beige, bright pink or stark white faces.
- ♣ Provide a mixed colorless pen to deploy more delicate color, particularly suitable for who pursuit of detail and perfect.
- ♣ COLOR-CODED CAPS & BONUS CASE: The color-coded caps allow for ease in organization and use in identifying colors; And also, these marker pen set is quipped with a beautiful black carrying case for ease in travelling and storing.
These dual tip markers are available in an incredible 88 shades. Artists can choose from fine tip markers or broad tip markers for wonderful variety in their artworks.
- Double ended markers with fine line tip and broad tip
- Available in an amazing variety of colors
The markers have a wide variety of color. These markers are very bright and vibrant. They’re made to be resistant to fading and to blend for beautiful dimension in your art.
Another great thing about these markers is that they are fast drying. It’s easy to layer the different colors and mix them without having to worry about blotches or smudges.
- Comes with a carrying case for convenient organization and storage
- The caps are color coded for easy organization and artwork making
- Highly pigmented allowing you to color in about 984 ft of coloring space
- Can have a strong smell that some people might be sensitive to
- Are highly pigmented and can bleed through thinner pages, like for adult coloring books
This marker set is a great choice for people who want many colors at a good value. The two tips are an excellent choice to get the most value for your money.
$50.44 in stock
- 48-PIECE SET – This Studio 71 alcohol marker set is perfect for a wide variety of arts and crafts projects, and includes 48 beautiful colors for all your needs!
- VERSATILE – Use these alcohol-based markers for all your drawing and craft projects, from card making to calligraphy and so much more.
- DUAL TIP MARKERS – These dual-tipped markers include a pointed brush tip for enhancing detail and a chisel-edged tip for wider strokes and filling larger areas.
- GREAT GIFT – An art set gift is always well received, and provides hours of artistic fun.
- NO ROLL DESIGN – Your Studio 71 Markers won’t roll off the table, thanks to the no-roll design, and the colors are easily identifiable with the colored cap for hue identification.
Add beautiful color to your drawings with this marker set with realistic hues. They have dual tips for more variety in your artwork. The chisel tips are ideal for fine lines and calligraphy. The broad tips are perfect for coloring and bold lines.
- Durable tips designed not to fray
- Quality markers at an affordable price
The caps match the hues of the markers for easy coloring identification. The barrels also have a no roll design. For great value, you can add wonderful depth and color to all of your coloring projects.
The company that makes them has been well known and respected in the art supply world for more than 60 years.
- Available in different size sets to fit all of your coloring needs
- Provides continuous, smooth color that dries fast
- They come in several unique shades and may be more difficult to blend than other markers
- Fiber tip markers can catch on paper and make coloring more challenging
These markers are a good choice for affordable markers available at a discounted price that still yield precise and high quality results for any art project.
Copic Marker Sketch
$65.99 in stock
- 【PREMIUM ALCOHOL-BASED MARKERS MADE IN JAPAN】A fast-drying, transparent alcohol ink will not harm the surface or fibers in the paper allowing it to remain smooth. The ink used is low-odor and non-toxic. Oval barrel designed for comfort.
- 【REPLACEABLE NIBS】SUPER BRUSH & MEDIUM BROAD: The flexible brush nib is ideal for blending, shading, and for drawing both thick and thin strokes. The broad nib is perfect for producing consistent lines and for adding details to your creations. The broad nib can be also used with the Copic ABS (Airbrush system).
- 【REFILLABLE】a separate ink refill product "Copic Ink" allows you to save money and be friendly to the environment.
- 【ACMI certified】all Copic markers are ACMI certified and conform to ASTM D-4236.
- This 12 color set includes basic and primary colors: V09, RV11, R08, YR04, Y13, YG03, G17, B14, B29, B39, E09, and 100. This set is perfect for beginning your Copic Sketch marker collection!
Copic markers are some of the most well-known art markers. They are known for quality, performance and consistency. Copic markers are available in a number of set sizes so you pick and choose the one that works for your needs.
- Consistent performance
- High quality tip that gives precise and vibrant lines
They do a great job of displaying and rendering accurately on the page. All artists agree that Copic markers are a classic, and investing in a set can be something that elevates your art to the next level.
You can choose from the 12 piece set to the 72 piece set, so everyone will find something for their art collection.
- A well known brand that everyone will recognize
- The colors are made to blend well together
- The ink dries out fast so there are no smudges, smears or sweeping
- One of the more expensive art marker sets.
- Not dual tip
The Coptic marker set is a set for those who want to have a high quality art collection.
- Alcohol Based & Permanent Markers with 100 Colors (99 colors and 1 colorless blender). Quality Alcohol-based ink. Excellent smudge-proof and waterproof qualities on most surfaces. Caliart Twin Tip Permanent Markers work well on paper, ceramics, plastic etc. Great as art markers, sketch markers, permanent markers, alcohol based markers, paint markers.
- Dual Tips & Round Pen holder - Broad chisel (approx. 1-7mm) and fine point(approx. 0. 7mm) nibs for precise highlighting and underlining. Allowing you to write in both thin and thick lines, providing great versatility. Caliart artist markers are great for providing various styles, sketches and patterns with ease. NOTE: as they are Alcohol Based Markers like ALL other brand alcohol markers, they will Bleed through regular coloring paper, except very thick paper, marker paper.
- COLOR-CODED CAPS & BONUS CASE: The color-coded caps allow for ease in organization and to identify colors quickly. Ergonomic design makes working with these markers easy for a long time. Equipped with a beautiful form-fitting black carrying case perfect for traveling and storing.
- QUALITY ART MARKERS: The highly pigmented and vibrant markers are built to last without worrying about smudges, allowing you to color in at least 300 m worth of drawings and blend beautifully for added dimension to your artwork. The alcohol markers ideal for architectural design, advertising rendering, landscape, underlining, highlighting and other forms of comic design. Perfect gift idea for Christmas, Thanksgiving, school students, families, friends.
- Caliart Alcohol based markers pens: Caliart's quality alcohol markers maked the coloring world crazy and will your the soul of creation.you will love it! Feel totally free to contact us for a replacement if the original item has any defect.
The Caliart set has an impressive 100 colors to choose from. The dual tip set is also great for artists as it helps them essentially get two markers in one. This marker set is multipurpose and it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They are made to let you draw at least 1000 feet, so you can create many different artworks with this set. The design of the markers is designed to be ergonomic and comfortable for artists to hold.
- Two tips
- Anti roll design
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
The two tip choices, bullet and chisel, allow for a lot of versatility and variability in art projects. The colors are solid, and they are not prone to smudging. The set includes skin tones that make rendering portraits easier. It also has a colorless marker for blending included. These make a great gift set for artists of any age. It is also a quality set that is fit for professionals.
- Great for artists on a budget
- Awesome at blending
- The colors can change over time
- Some of the colors are not that great
This set is a great choice for the ultimate selection of colors and a great value.
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0601706977025|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 410; Length: 910; Width: 700|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 450; Length: 900; Weight: 280; Width: 700|
|Product Group||Art and Craft Supply|
|Product Type Name||ART_SUPPLIES|
|Title||80 Set Color TOUCHNEW Alcohol Graphic Drawing Art Dual Tip Sketch Pen Art Sketch Twin Marker Pens Hand Painted Design Draft Pencil|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 601706977025|
This 80 color set comes complete with a carrying case and a draft pencil. Stay neat and organized with this set designed with orderliness in mind. They have dual ends with one end having more rounded edges and the other one being more square.
- 80 dynamic colors
- Dual tips
The 80 color set comes with a black inkling pen to help to define lines and edges. It also has a white gel pen to help create dynamic highlights. Search from the sketch and the animation set, with varying colors depending on the artist’s needs.
The company has famously good customer service, and will tell you what to do in case your markers aren’t functioning correctly. The markers are made for all artists above three years old.
- Variety of color choices available so you can make the right choice for you and your needs.
- Artists markers tend to bleed through paper so make sure you have the right materials
This set is a great choice for artists who want quality markers without breaking the bank.
- Dual ended markers featuring both fine and brush tips
- Advanced dye based ink formulation for richly saturated color and superior blendability
- Fine point lays down sharp lines while the brush is designed for creating thick, thin or varied lines in one stroke
- Single source of ink guarantees color consistency at both ends and an anti roll cap keeps your markers in place
- Includes: Canary Yellow, Orange, Goldenrod, Sienna Brown, Tuscan Red, Rhodamine, Violet, True Blue, Indigo Blue, True Green, Apple Green, Dark Brown, Spanish Orange, Poppy Red, Peach, Crimson Red, Pink, Mulberry, Light Cerulean Blue, Violet Blue, Blue Slate, Grass Green, Dark Green & Black markers and a zip up carrying case
This Prismacolor set is a great choice for simple sketches and on the go art creations. It is lightweight and versatile. Artists can choose from a variety of sizes, including 24, 48, 72, 156 and 200 count. Find the right pack for you and your needs, or pick out a great set for a gift.
- Carrying Case
- Double ended
- Variety of sizes
This set is double ended so you can have variety while you are drawing. It also comes with a carrying case so you can stay neat and organized. There is a single source of ink so the flow will be consistent while you are drawing with either end.
- The ends give you the ability to alter your line shape so you can have thick or thin in each stroke.
- Consistent performance and designed to work well with other materials from Prismacolor such as the colored pencils or other art supplies
- Advanced dye based ink formulation for color that is richly saturated
- Can be more expensive, especially the larger sets
- Markers can be difficult to open
- The colors can be different from what appears on the box
This is a great quality all around set for adults or children.
Chameleon Deluxe Set
- IDEAL STARTER KIT - Ideal for aspiring amateurs, keen colorists, creative crafters, ambitious students, accomplished artists, and design professionals.
- ONE PEN BLENDS MULTIPLE TONES - Our pens feature a double-ended design, a Japanese SuperSoft brush nib and bullet nib, ideal for paper crafts, manga, graphic & fine art.
- LONG LASTING - Keep your pens top notch with our replaceable nibs and refillable inks.
- NON-TOXIC - Our alcohol-based pen is permanent on most surfaces, non-toxic, and low-odor.
- PRODUCE OVER 25 COLORS - This set of 5 vibrant color tones produce over 25 color tones giving you the ability to create stunning effects such as 3D, smooth transitions, highlighting, shading, gradations and blending, all with one pen!
This set of markers is professional quality, which makes it great for graphic design or other art projects.
- Double Ended
- Mixing Tray
The 22 pen set Chameleon comes with a special mixing chamber. Each pen goes from a light tint to a rich tone. This will get rid of tonal gaps in your pen collection, and artists can do more with their creations.
Each pen has a low odor, and has two nips. One is a super soft Japanese brush nib for painting like effects. The other is a bullet nib that is made for paper crafts like manga.
- Includes a colorless blender pen for high quality drawing and shading
- Odorless smell for people who are sensitive
- Permanent on most surfaces and made to work well with paper
- Only 22 colors so people who would like more variety in shades might feel limited
- No carrying case so you would need some other way to keep organized
This set is a great starter set with professional quality results in a small and compact package.
- ProMarkers are the ideal marker for crafting, design and illustration, rubber stamping, and so much more
- These markers allow you to easily overlay and blend colors to create shade and tone; twin tips offer a fine bullet tip for details and a wider tip for large areas
- Alcohol based, quick drying, and non-toxic
- This package contains 12 markers, blending pen, blending chart, and convenient carrying case
- Conforms to ASTM D4236
The pro markers are great for design, illustration, crafting and more. This set of 12 is made to be easy to overlay and blend for fine hues in shade and tone.
- Blending pen
- Carrying case
They are quick drying and non toxic for easy to work with design and great results. The package has a blending pen and a blending chart for an awesome guide on how to create all of the colors that you want.
It also has a carrying case for added convenience and organization. Colors include Henna, Ruby, Bright Orange, Canary, Lime Green, Forest, Sky Blue, Indigo Blue, Amethyst, Rose Pink, Cool Grey 4, and Black
- Small set with big possibilities for art
- Non toxic design
- Only 12 colors.
The Promarker set of 12 is a great starter set for artists who are learning how to use alcohol markers and are starting out in their drawings and designs.
Key Information about Alcohol Markers
Alcohol-based markers are distinguished from water based markers in that they are permanent. The pigment in these markers are suspended in an alcohol based solution, rather than glycerin or water.
They are useful to draw on just about anything, including metal or plastic as well as paper.
These high performing markers outshine water based markers and are often more expensive.
This list includes Copic markers, which are synonymous with alcohol based markers, as well as the best Copic alternative.
One of the key features of alcohol based markers is that they can be blended in a style that resembles watercolor. They’re available in a variety of hues, saturations and colors. It’s possible to blend alcohol markers of like or unlike colors with the right tools. Using a blender marker, rubbing alcohol or coloring between the two.
A benefit of alcohol markers is that you need fewer colors because they can be blended.
You can sometimes refill alcohol based markers, and they will often have replaceable nibs. Because of the fumes, they should be used in a well ventilated area. Choose from different tip styles. Some people might prefer the brush tips for a coloring experience that is like painting. Others might choose the chisel tips, for bold strokes and colors. The fine writing tips are excellent for detail work. You can choose markers that have replaceable tips. This gives you more variety and control when it comes to making beautiful artwork.
Alcohol markers are available in a wide range of colors, hues and saturations. Some people might prefer smaller packs that are easier to take to class. Others might want a pack with as many colors as possible in order to explore the coloring and blending options that are available to them. Choose from bright and vibrant neon hues, or more mellow and muted earth tones. The blending ability of alcohol based markers also makes them versatile. Artists enjoy creating shading and different depths in their pieces. It can create highlight and lowlight effects that make any work stand out.
The markers use an alcohol based solvent and pigments resulting in a fast drying marker. The alcohol floats the dye ink. When it is on the medium, then it dissolves. Alcohol based markers don’t react with the paper. This reduces tears in the work area.
This list of the best alcohol based markers will help you to find the right one for your project. Whether you’re a regular artist, or you are just starting out, these sets have something for everyone. Find sets of markers at a low price point, or splurge on the latest and greatest set. We compared them based on the number of markers, performance, and more so you know that you’re getting the best bang for your buck. Visit the Lifestyle Reviews homepage for more expert arts & crafts tips!
Best Alcohol Markers
Read through our reviews of today's best alcohol markers before making your purchase.
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
- Artify Art Marker Set
- 88 Colors Art Markers
- Darice Studio Alcohol-Based Marker Set
- Copic Marker Sketch Basic Set
- Caliart Alcohol Based Markers
- TOUCHNEW Alcohol Marker Pens
- Prismacolor Premier Art Markers
- Chameleon Deluxe Set
- Letraset Pro Marker